GTI International June 27-28 2009

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've booked' date=' I'm in :) Can make Sunday only, Looking forward to meeting some of you

[/quote']

...I mean the some of you that are going, not that I'm not looking forward to meeting others, oh you know what I mean! :)

think you were right the first time. I've met them ;-)

ben.... are we gonna be camping near our cars??? I dont like the idea of not bein by my car at night very much......

from the included instructions I think camp site will be car, tent, car, tent etc to keep the tents the minimum distance apart for fire safety. No cars are left on the show stand overnight. All have to be moved, whether camping or not.

Not sure about how it will work for late® comers. But it's not going to be a huge camp site and with a gayboo as a communial space it shouldn't be the end of the world if we are scattered about the site. But saying that we'll try to hog as much space as poss when we all initially roll up. Who of the campers is due to arrive when?

Cabrioman, Ben, TheGoth, Readxyz, VR6 Nat are due early Friday.

VR Sick after dark ( as usual ) Friday

Scott Saturday morning.

ahh thats brilliant news, ill be a lot happier havin my car by my side.... thats for sure.. thanks nige!!! :) :)

Are you gonna be happy for me to rob your inverter for a few mins on sat morning?? if ur usin it i can buy one at the weekend....

Are you gonna be happy for me to rob your inverter for a few mins on sat morning?? if ur usin it i can buy one at the weekend....

I no longer have need for hairdryers or straighteners so I'm sure we can come to some arrangment ;-)

[you filthy minded buggers]

Will need to charge the silent running battery in the morning so if we can do that from your VR whilst you do your hair it's a deal. P.s. the inverter is 500W so check your dryer.

ok cool, thats fine by me as long as you dont blow my car up!! lol

and wtf does 500w mean? does it mean it will only handle 500w? bloody hell im tempted to shave my head, havin to dry my hair is borin enough without havin to think about batteries and watts... lol.

I think you should bring back the long hair nige, you looked a bit like a pirate, a long lost, but also very stylish look!! lol ;)

and wtf does 500w mean? does it mean it will only handle 500w? bloody hell im tempted to shave my head' date=' havin to dry my hair is borin enough without havin to think about batteries and watts... lol.

[/quote']

you might have to. My old dryer is 1KW. Straigheners are fair more reasonable.

I think you should bring back the long hair nige' date=' you looked a bit like a pirate, a long lost, but also very stylish look!! lol ;)

[/quote']

Need to get a job first. General consensus was the cut made me look ten years younger. Didn't think it was that stylish, just cheap on hairdressing bills. But if you like it ;-)

Yesterday i cleaned my enigine bay to get ready for inters' date=' fixed the clunkin noise from behind my steering wheel, fitted the show plate holders and reorganised my boot kit into a lovely new box.... show preparation about 25% done!!! :) :) :)

[/quote']

I'm 75% there. bought all my non perishables:

Vodka, check.

Tequila, check.

Redbull substitue, check.

Pepsi Max, check.

Lager, check.

Cider, check.

Charcoal, check.

Pot Noodles, check.

My local tescos is doing 3 for 2 on BitBurger. Sweet.

Car cleaning: well it's bound to rain between now and then so that'll do the job ;-)

Bugger, i dont use straighteners, ill try and get a cheapo travel dryer, should be ok.....

and i've got the beers, and the tent sorted, thats about it so far, gonna pick up bbq food on the way and some snacks....

Gotta lift the coilovers up and change the oil on sat, then mechanically i should be ready, just a bit of cleanin and im there!!! woop woop!! :) :)

if you get stuck for somewhere to sleep i have a 2 man tent now anna and a double blow up matress... oh yes....

Sure nige will be able to help you out on the hair front! lol.

I just know im gonna forget somethin, like a towel or somethin lol.

yeah ive been doin a mental list, but ive got a memory even a gold fish would laugh at, so i best write it down... im used to goin away alot, but i have never slept in a tent before!! so this should be interesting... lol

Well they have got back to me and I can camp saturday night for a tenner. Just need to call em up

there goes the neighbourhood !!!! nice one mate will bring your show plates with me as well as the other thing ;) ;)

Oi!!!

It is my 'hood man!!!!!!

well i used to race with motorbikes and i never packed, i just chucked stuff in a bag and went, but ive lost my touch.... and i dunno what to expect when we get there, iv been to bruntingthorpe before to run our bikes in and there was nothin there, and i mean, nothin!!

so all i care about is that they have sorted half decent showers and toilets and ill be happy.... :) if not im draggin anna off to the nearest travel inn!!! lol