1st proper drive out in my VR6

Well that's filled me with confidence. I bought a non runner...iming problem......putting it back together next week and I've never heard a bad thing about the VR....yes I'm on a vr site, bias lol.

I have a mk3 1.8 single point Inj atm 90bhp....any guys or gals care to tell me how the difference will be/feel?

crazy that! so you can't really drive slowly/economically can you? unless your very delicate with the accelerator right?

you can but it takes effort and it quickly becomes a pita cruise control is a god send when wafting the vr6 is FAAAAAAR smoother to drive

the vr6 is similar to the 4motion altho the 4motion does have low end grunt but even the 4motion has a bit flat spot in third gear between 3 and 4k revs like martin said they were seen as a crusing motorway car. The only reason i have my v6 4motion as i cant really afford runin it is the noise once u hear a vw v6 ur hooked as i have been from my dads rado since i was 10 nd thats 12 years ago

tbh the vr6 is a fast car is just doesnt feel it in the

"nice " feeling you get from a mk3 compareing it to a diesal is crap as you will always get that feeling from a high torque diesal its faster than it really is ! because of the way it delivers power! i wouldnt change my lazy vr6 for much at the moment tbh

all hail the vr its awesome

to put it nice if the gt floated your boat that much then

1) Why didnt you buy it

2)Why did you buy a vr

3) why you on a vr site moaning about it comparing it to a brand new disesel

the vr is what it is and unless you want to chuck a load of money at it, it aint gonna change but as said before dont think you have given it a fair chance one drive.

think i can speak for most on here that one drive was all it took if you have vw petrol running through your veins then once you had a vr nothing will ever be quite the same again

Your right i have'nt given it a fair chance. I have decided not to sell it (unless someone makes the right offer!!) and i'm going to keep it for at least 6 months to see if it grows on me. I do like the ride and it's a really nice car to drive it's just the power isn't there where i want it. I expect in a few months time i'll be on here raving about how good it is LOL I bet it would be a brilliant track car!

Id get it on a diagnostic mate, something like a dirty cam sensor will rob 20-30 bhp as an example

any number of sensors fail and the ECU kicks to safety mode and chucks in 25% more fuel and makes it run crappy

VRs are picky aswell, nice fresh oil and decent plugs and leads. They seem to be 'poisoned' by dirty oil and run crap, stick fresh in and its like a different car, very strange, but all adds to their personality haha

Stick a BMC CDA filter on it aswell, that will deffo hook you

what he said, personally i think if you where looking at a mk4, spend the money you saved and put a charger on it, You will be able to sell the charger on hear quite easily if you deside to sell the car... i can imaging it would feel faster than a deisel and put a smile on your face

all hail the vr its awesome

to put it nice if the gt floated your boat that much then

1) Why didnt you buy it

2)Why did you buy a vr

3) why you on a vr site moaning about it comparing it to a brand new disesel

the vr is what it is and unless you want to chuck a load of money at it' date=' it aint gonna change but as said before dont think you have given it a fair chance one drive.

think i can speak for most on here that one drive was all it took if you have vw petrol running through your veins then once you had a vr nothing will ever be quite the same again

[/quote']

well said..

give the car a chance, get it checked out, then you can comment...but no one on here wants to hear negative stuff about vr6s even if soem of its true lol