a nice treat for the site

arnt most old bill cars tuned up abit?

i remember my pal bought an ex police vauxall vectra and the thing flewwww,

would have been good to have seen police giving it some around town lights on lol,

anyone ever see any of theese on road ive never seen any in london,

good pic mike

there used to be a few un-marked vr6's both golf and vento that used to be around watford area. most of golf's highline's lucky sod's. saw a couple of each tucked away in corner of yard at watford police station whilst doin work there. also saw quite a few in london. the sound of vr on song through london nothing like it.

All police cars are tweeked. For example Vauxhall have an entire division for this. Suspension and brakes overhauled as they carry more weight daily and thus need to stop. All engines are tweeked. Some are just a remap others are cams the lot! Then of course they have extra wiring looms added for all that technology and those with weapons have a safe added.

They do out-perform standard cars hands down. I mentioned Vaukhall but all other manufacturers have a special fit out division usually close to their HQ in the UK.

Not just the UK. remeber those 911s on the Autobahn with extras...

na all cop cars a standard and always have been if a better or faster car is needed they just buy a faster car.

Not true. Even most of the patrol Astra's have toughened suspension and heavy duty brakes/battery. Apparently some of the new Vectra Diesels are getting remapped too.

there were a couple knocking about stockport, 1 blue 1 green, i remember seeing them and an audi getting thrashed. i know all the ford and BMW kit have a magic hand waved over them as i know a mechanic from each garage.

would be nice to have a go in one with the blue's n two's on :D