which boost gauge do i get for a supercharger

ive been looking for a suitable for ages! Ive been thinking about a digital display one but Id rather have one with the needle pinging around

analogue (ie needle) gauges are better for showing things like boost spikes and any variations in boost mate and theyr plenty sensitive/accurate enough

yeah thats what I was thinking, the digital read outs are laggy aswell and seem to be a second behind what is actually happening. Raid used to do a nice looking analogue one but they discontinued it by the time i wanted it

depends how much you want to spend....

apexi greddy hks top names, probably most accurate but cost anywhere from £50-100...

make sure you get one that reads in PSI and not bar as youl only hit 7psi for short amount of time prob about 6500rpm and itl be difficalt to read 7psi on a bar gauge at 6500rpm should you need to

I used this Gauge for my supercharger - http://www.revotecdirect.co.uk/details.asp?ID=66

As for digital gauges, they are far from laggy!

They are better for turbos if you are setting boost electronically and need to know exactly what the boost is. Analogue gauges are just 'boost o meters' where turbos are concerned. They're OK for centrifugal chargers though as the boost doesn't climb anywhere near as fast.