Might be selling my Highline :(

Well the come has come to make a decision! I have been hankering and uming and aring for a while now..........

Thing is... i love the VR sound, power and all the kit on the car but, for what i use the car for it seems a waste most of the time, it either gets blasted to work and back 10 hours later, or its holed up in the garage 1/2 the year or going to V dub shows!

And today to make things harder!! i got offered an absolutely minty original 1991 dark Met Blue Corrado G60.........2 owners with 60k on the clock and full history, brand new charger, brand new jetex exhaust! the car is stunning and like its been in a time warp!!!! well it has i suppose, its mint

Now.....question is.... can i live without VR SOUNDS?????? G60`s can sound just as menacing!! and the fuel consumption will be a bit less i guess, and dare i say it....is a Corrado a bit prettier than a mk3 golf??

And obviously someone would get a shot at owning my oh so lovely 17" polished BBS RS rims (h) that wont fit a Corrado G60 :-( so they would go too..........but NOT before the VR6 went!!!!

Its a tough decision..........but if anyone is after? or you know anyone who maybe in the market or considering a very nice 5 Door Highline in mulberry send me a mail, and i can give all the info about the car etc

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can be!!! my old Rallye golf sounded like a Harrier jump jet taking off!!! used to get people looking round 100 yards before you got to them!! its a demonic howl, i guess that car really drew attention through its looks aswell.......the VR is less in ya face apart from the noise.......im still unsure as to what to do.......im gonna have a serious look at the corrado on monday and see what i think, i can buy it then decide if im 100% into it before the VR sells, i doubt i will have any trouble off loading the Rado as it is a truely mint example and only 60k is almost unheard of on a H plate one!

Yeah richie babes i would say it won the looks stakes....., but its the fuel issue aswell, my mortgage is 2x what it was since i moved house!!! and i dont need a big engined car for the journeys i make, but i dont want a "Diseasal" ;) or some gay insipid little wheezer car, i guess a G60 is a good compromise, and far more tuneable, cheaply at least.

I loved my Rallye G60 it really was phenominal, if i could i would have kept them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have room just not the wallet ;)

I havnt fully decided but if i let the chance pass i know i will regret it later, as a car in its condition with 60k is like finding a new mk1 gti in a barn!!!!! it dont happen often..........oh and my mates still got "G60 YRJ" number plates i can buy cheap :)

Hello Nick! I remember when I was thinking of selling mine you said I should keep it so Im gonna say the same thing to you! I reckon you will regret selling it - it looks the nuts. Just had mine completely resprayed with all the rusty bits done etc and now its mint sitting in a lockup - I'll probably hardly drive it but I just cant part with it now, I use my bike everyday for work etc so I'll probably just drive the car at the weekend if Im not out on the bike!

Hi ya mate long time no hear from!! yeah I know your probably right........but i dunno why i just had this urge for the last year for another G60!!! I was looking for a mk2 Edition 1 but they have all been modded or mullered! and the good ones stay in the keepers hands!! I Love the VR still....i had it 4 years now and the old VW body clock keeps ticking and hankering after summink "new" nothings definate yet...............

I'd say dont sell!! Though a little biased I know the itchy feet feeling good luck in finding a good G60 not many around... Maybe hold out till you get your pay rise???! I saw the march earlier this week (work's near Park Lane) you never know?! :-)

I think you'd be gutted - your rims are very rear and you should try and take them with you if you can mate.

I'm not a big G60 fan as i love my VR's but the Rado is a pretty car and can look beautiful when done properly!!

If i was going for fuel economy them i'd look out for a 1.8T conversion or something different.

Either way - send us some pictures of this rado your loving!!

Hello Nick, If it was me I would keep your VR but as you say if it's not getting driven enough then it might be time to pass it on to someone who can drive it everyday and get the most out of a fantastic car - and they would be crazy not to buy the dope rims as well ;) The G60's are nice and a good compromise and it sounds like you have found a mint one.

Also I don't think you will have any problem selling the VR if you decide to.

And whatever you end up ( I know you have been hankering after a nice little Micra !! ;) ) make sure you keep logging on here - I like banter !!

why do people love the look of a Rado i hate them look so out of date where as mk3's at least look 90's not 80's.

Don't sell it. My car has been broken for 2 days and im sick of driving the runabout 106 aleady cos it is slow and nobody looks or makes hand signals at me anymore