Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

Yea it sounds like a good team building exercise, even going away with a bunch of people you hardly know in itself is a bit daunting let alone everything else. I suppose whats the point of hiding your car away in a garage ? maybe thats missing the point and having a car like we have should be an enjoyable thing and not an anxious one................................ :-p

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy> are you missing an PMR? I've found one in the car ;) . I'll return it at Easter

Yes I am. I wondered where the f**k that had gone. It's been the puzzle of the last year! I'll swap it for a charged one at Dover ;)

Cheers' date='

Andy

[/quote']

So mine must be, as I thought, on a table in the cafe :-(

It's either yours or mine. You may as well have it as I have 3 anyway! Alternatively, yours had green batteries and mine had silver/black. Sweepstake? Winner takes the radio?!

Cheers,

Andy

And the winner of a slightly used PMR unit is..........

Nige with the correct answer of Green Batteries ;)

going away with a bunch of people you hardly know in itself is a bit daunting

That's the most daunting part, IMO. I didn't withdrawal behind long black hair and hoodies as an adolescent for nothing ;-) The group is going to be large enough so that no one will know everyone so we are all in the same boat, even the seasoned members.

Saying that, the first two or three LHD roundabounts can be interesting for the uninitiated! Just remember the residents of Boulogne are used to inexperienced 'Roast Beefs'. The new route has us on the motorway in no time. Where we stay until about 40miles of Nurburg.

I can understand the financial aspect, things aint getting any cheaper, except poisonous toys from China. If needed I'd be happy to live on beans on toast for months afterwards. The 'Ring is my heroin.

But please, don't feel pressured into going.

TG

P.S. As a taster have a go on the A507 between Buntingford and Baldock one sunny day. Then imagine how much more fun it would be if it was one way and you could use the full width on corners. A sort of methadone if you like.

Im a ring virgin too (in the clean kind lads and lasses) so it is going to be interesting for me, im a little nervous about meeting everyone for the first time, but as everyone has already mentioned, most are in the same boat and I must admit this is THE friendliest forum I have ever been on, it is like a hugh group of mates that have started their own forum just for the sake of it and with all the combined knowledge, knowhow and technical/mechanical ability amongst the whole group I have no worries about if my car brakes down or anything at all. I am really looking forward to it even though I am going to be scraping the money together, I've got a car, two bikes and a cat to pay for on one wage, as well as having to save and pay for a holiday to America leaving in the middle of April but I am going to do EVERYTHING I possibly can do to make sure I am there!!!

It is going to be awesome, just the sight and sound of all the VR's driving down the motorway and onto the ferry, it is going to be one of the rare sights that you dont often get to see, Im getting excited about it now just talking about it. Plus I am really looking forward to putting faces to names as well.

If anyone has any doubts after they have booked their tickets, just push them out of your mind and tell yourself you are going no matter what.

The A507 is a favourite of mine nige, been up there many times with the Corrado, its going to be touch and go with the passport though, cos its my first one i cant fast track it. They say a six week wait i got the form just got to get some photo's of my dazzling features..................im going to try my best though...................... :-p

Dale if you pay£7.50 check and send the po checks its all ok which garentees that they wont send it back which speeds it up. I just renewed mine and they are well fussy these days but it did only take 6 days :o you will also need the Equivelent to the E11 card again ask a the po but that is free.

Yea it sounds like a good team building exercise' date=' even going away with a bunch of people you hardly know in itself is a bit daunting let alone everything else. I suppose whats the point of hiding your car away in a garage ? maybe thats missing the point and having a car like we have should be an enjoyable thing and not an anxious one................................ :-p

[/quote']

I only knew one person the first time I went. I didn't even know the driver of te car that got me there and back (thanks, Aswad)! You'll have no trouble getting on with everyone here (aside from FourMotion, who's a grumpy bastard ;) ). Stop pondering, keep hold of your ticket, and we'll see you at Dover in March!

Cheers,

Andy

Andy> are you missing an PMR? I've found one in the car ;) . I'll return it at Easter

Yes I am. I wondered where the f**k that had gone. It's been the puzzle of the last year! I'll swap it for a charged one at Dover ;)

Cheers' date='

Andy

[/quote']

So mine must be, as I thought, on a table in the cafe :-(

It's either yours or mine. You may as well have it as I have 3 anyway! Alternatively, yours had green batteries and mine had silver/black. Sweepstake? Winner takes the radio?!

Cheers,

Andy

And the winner of a slightly used PMR unit is..........

Nige with the correct answer of Green Batteries ;)

Damn! Where the hell did mine go then?!

Cheers,

Andy

P.S. As a taster have a go on the A507 between Buntingford and Baldock one sunny day. Then imagine how much more fun it would be if it was one way and you could use the full width on corners. A sort of methadone if you like.

Great road!!! I used to ride my motorbikes and test out all my cars there. I used to live in Sandy, Bedfordshire, so not far from there.