Nurburgring March 2008 (Easter)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy> are you missing an PMR? I've found one in the car ;) . I'll return it at Easter

Yes I am. I wondered where the f**k that had gone. It's been the puzzle of the last year! I'll swap it for a charged one at Dover ;)

Cheers' date='

Andy

[/quote']

So mine must be, as I thought, on a table in the cafe :-(

All sounds good to me Nige ;) and past the magical 100 page barrier !!!

Not 100% about Boulogne' date=' have a sneaking suspicion access to what I'm taking to be parking is actually via the port.

[/quote']

Why not meet at L'Eclerc? On the way out of the port, go straight over at the immediate roundabout (instead of turning right as we always do and heading into town). Keep going sraight over until you see the big fuck off supermarket on the right. Turn right at the roundabout and pull into the car park. They do cheap fuel too. As a bonus, that roundabout has a turning onto the dual carrigeway to the motorway. I went that way last summer and it's about 20 minutes quicker than our usual route!

Here's a route using Google Maps.

Cheers,

Andy

I wasted 1.5k on my respray' date=' only to write it off a few months later around... you guessed it, the ring ;)

I'm sure there's a lesson to be learnt somewhere...

[/quote']

Yeah. Don't waste money on resprays. Buy a skid lid, decent brakes and new tyres instead! I'm looking at brake options before we go. After going through a set of pads in about 4000 miles, I'm thinking a set of M3 brakes might be a good bet up front!

Cheers,

Andy

Andy> are you missing an PMR? I've found one in the car ;) . I'll return it at Easter

Yes I am. I wondered where the f**k that had gone. It's been the puzzle of the last year! I'll swap it for a charged one at Dover ;)

Cheers' date='

Andy

[/quote']

So mine must be, as I thought, on a table in the cafe :-(

It's either yours or mine. You may as well have it as I have 3 anyway! Alternatively, yours had green batteries and mine had silver/black. Sweepstake? Winner takes the radio?!

Cheers,

Andy

Not 100% about Boulogne' date=' have a sneaking suspicion access to what I'm taking to be parking is actually via the port.

[/quote']

Why not meet at L'Eclerc? On the way out of the port, go straight over at the immediate roundabout (instead of turning right as we always do and heading into town). Keep going sraight over until you see the big fuck off supermarket on the right. Turn right at the roundabout and pull into the car park. They do cheap fuel too. As a bonus, that roundabout has a turning onto the dual carrigeway to the motorway. I went that way last summer and it's about 20 minutes quicker than our usual route!

Cheers,

Andy

That was going to be plan B. Did you buy petrol there Andy? I've tried but my cards weren't accepted by the pumps.

[/quote']

Cheers,

Andy

That was going to be plan B. Did you buy petrol there Andy? I've tried but my cards weren't accepted by the pumps.

No, I didn't. Like a muppet, I filled up in Reading. D'oh!

Cheers,

Andy

Thats what I assumed last year Nige' date=' best mentality to go with IMO.

Are we going to try and get hold of Hans this year for passenger laps in his GT3 RS?

Pete

[/quote']

Do you mean Heinz? I'm sure if he's there you can just wander up to him. It's hardly the height of organisation! There's loads of other unofficial taxis too...

Cheers,

Andy

My tickets are up for sale i think i paid £68 for them if anyones interested. I cant go for a variety of reasons' date=' so if anyone wants them you can PM me............................................ :-(

[/quote']

if they can be changed to a later date this year i would be interested

There are lots of reasons Gav, the main one being i dont really want to. Money is one factor, and i think the risk is too great as i dont want to damage my pride and joy. At the end of the day its a personal decision and ive thought long and hard about it. Ingham they are flexi tickets so im sure they could be, let me know what you decide.............................. :-|

dale, no need for you o damage your pride and joy , as its a fun weekend ..anyone that drives like theres no tommorrow, deserves not to make it round.. why not come for the trip and get some passenger laps in other cars..plenty of them going..

its a once in a lifetime trip for some people..camping will keep the cost down, and if you dont do loads of laps or any then your gonna save 100 ish euros there.. if the ferrys already booked , then its only petrol..and as we aint setting any landspeed records this year , then it should only be 4 tanks tops , for the whoile round trip.

the choice is yours, but remember you dont haver to drive your motor round, plently of people will offer laps.

i hope you chnage your mind :)

jim

There are lots of reasons Gav' date=' the main one being i dont really want to. Money is one factor, and i think the risk is too great as i dont want to damage my pride and joy. At the end of the day its a personal decision and ive thought long and hard about it. Ingham they are flexi tickets so im sure they could be, let me know what you decide.............................. :-|

[/quote']

What's the point in that? Do you catch the bus to work in case you crash your car? You'll only crash if you drive it like a race track. Treat it like the country lane that it is and you'll come home in one piece. Money wise, you only need 11 Euro a night (day, actually) for camping and enough to fill your tank a few times. You'll be spending money on food whether you come or not.

Cheers,

Andy

Ok guys what you said makes sense and i cant argue with the logic as craig says. Firstly im a "leave it till the last minute kind of person" and i havent even got my passport yet. Secondly i need a new set of tyres anyway, and am thinking of the overal cost and what i could do with that money if i didnt go. Andy , cant argue with what your saying but i have two cars and the costs of running two cars and my flat and lifestyle are quite a lot on one wage. My runaround is a calibra and i dont really care about that one, maybe im thinking about it too much i dont know...........................................i could get a fast track passport so thats not an excuse, i find it quite heart warming that people want me to go and maybe i will regret not going, it is very easy to talk yourself out of something, which i think is what im doing.

Any comments to the above will be welcomed................................ :-p

Ok guys what you said makes sense and i cant argue with the logic as craig says. Firstly im a "leave it till the last minute kind of person" and i havent even got my passport yet. Secondly i need a new set of tyres anyway' date=' and am thinking of the overal cost and what i could do with that money if i didnt go. Andy , cant argue with what your saying but i have two cars and the costs of running two cars and my flat and lifestyle are quite a lot on one wage. My runaround is a calibra and i dont really care about that one, maybe im thinking about it too much i dont know...........................................i could get a fast track passport so thats not an excuse, i find it quite heart warming that people want me to go and maybe i will regret not going, it is very easy to talk yourself out of something, which i think is what im doing.

Any comments to the above will be welcomed................................ :-p

[/quote']

I haven't even got a car to take yet, beat that ;)

It's got no Tax, MOT or insurance either.

1201968011_2_FT169489_dsc01766.resized_.jpg

1201968011_2_FT169489_dsc01771.resized_.jpg

I wish a passport and new tyres were the least of my worries.

Pete

Point taken pete and craig' date=' looks like i'll be needing my tickets after all........................................... :-p

[/quote']

Only go if you want to......we were there last year and it was a awesome time even when not on track. Just a very good social event as you rely on people as you're miles from the comfort of England.

We just tell it as it is, the only bad point of the time there WAS Petes little accident, but that didn't spoil things too much