Should I be shot?

I've driven a TT 225 and raced one - it does feel fast BUT its not - my old golf vr6 standard pushed one off the road before. I was only 20 and didnt care about getting court speed (t*t) and on the M4 one day i pushed a tt to its limits and i have to say i was unimpressed - he ended up having to move out of the way to let me past at 120'ish and i have 2 others in my car. The 1.8 lump seems to struggle getting to its top speed as after 110 its dead.

They are good cars dont get me wrong, but how many do you see on the roads LOADS

And that reason alone i wouldnt get one.

lol i'd have a standard Rado vr6 over a TT - a supercharged one would be wild lol

TT's are pretty cool cars they grip the road like crazy and are easier to tune but Nothing ever comes close to a VR6 Rado on sytle

My dad had a 1995 M rado vr6 after having the G60 and the 1.8 before that. since then he has had a TT (225) and two porsche's and to this day i still think the best car he ever owend was the Rado vr6 u gave me all the money in the world and thats what i would buy!!!

Thing is, I've done the speed thing, and while I know a charged VR is the business, Im just fancying something a bit newer. 20vt's are good for serious power, if I wanted it, and some of the ones Ive seen at shows look sweet.

Im just toying with the idea at the mo, but i really do feel like I want something newer.

you gonna change jobs from "Donkey knocker" to "hair dresser" then? youd be a "toby jug" ;) to trade for a TT, I got all blurry eyed by R32`s a few months back but changed my mind and modded the VR some more, i will get one in the near future but happier to have the VR for now, you can mod a TT to some serious horses but it still costs just as much to do as a vr would! and its a far more expensive car to buy! people on the road dont pay as much homage to a TT either ime, far to common, like BMW`Z3 & 4`s and such like, likes been said they are easy prey too :) 100% anhialated the old 225 quattro with my (tuned) Rallye and the VR is just as effective due to its grunt at higher speeds, DONT DO IT!

yeah i get what you mean, but again, its not all about the speed anymore. Costs as u say are much the much, and yes a TT is more to buy, but thats coz its newer. And thats my whole point. Just thinking about getting a newer motor, obvious choice being the TT. And after seeing some of those TT's at ultimate makes me want one even more!! LOL!

i suppose its all about what you want! the first thing i asked jake (after droolin over his syncro) was where are all the rado vr's i had a 4motion golf as i felt a vr was slightly to old but i did want a TT but got put off by there stupid price 11k for a good one wiv low mileage and as clarkson said the TT is just a Golf with a different shell the 225 is not much different to my 4motion which is about 3k less but its up to you like you say only you can decide what u are going to do (Rado's rule tho)

simple R32 and bolt on rotrex or v9 superchager it will be an wild beast

second choice golf 4-motion with or without supercharger

end of the day its your money and your life just be happy

but i did post a couple of lines below please dont take offence

dye your hair blonde and buy TT next your be shaving or getting your

bikini line waxed only joking up to you old chap

I've driven a TT 225 and raced one - it does feel fast BUT its not - my old golf vr6 standard pushed one off the road before. I was only 20 and didnt care about getting court speed (t*t) and on the M4 one day i pushed a tt to its limits and i have to say i was unimpressed - he ended up having to move out of the way to let me past at 120'ish and i have 2 others in my car. The 1.8 lump seems to struggle getting to its top speed as after 110 its dead.

They are good cars dont get me wrong' date=' but how many do you see on the roads LOADS

And that reason alone i wouldnt get one.

lol i'd have a standard Rado vr6 over a TT - a supercharged one would be wild lol

[/quote']

Don't you think he was just slowing down because you were in "lose your license on the spot" speed territory? I do agree with you though that the TT is no where near as nice as the VR in my opinion. The VR is far more exclusive even despite its age and has such a good power to weight ratio it easily keeps up with them. So many TT's! Just go up the M1 and you will see a silver one literally every 2 mins. They are nice stylish cars but unfortunately there's something about them that makes them lose a bit of their class. The new TT is nice though.

For the same money why don't you look at the mk4 R32? Slightly better performance than the 225 TT but far far more exclusive.. all for same money. You can get a 04-54 reg R32 for around 13-14k these days. Much nicer engine and more reliable than the 1.8t lump.

Not a big fan of the TT to be honest.

I find it more of a Chick's car ;-)

Everyone has their own opinions though and if that's what you want then go for it. If you just want something more modern then why not spend your money bringing your own car up to date and more modern. New interior, Dials etc..... Even fit a TT dash ;-)

Mark.

As Matth76 said - if you love your VR6 but you want something newer then the R32 would be the boy to go for.

Very sexy mashine that have the looks, sound and class of the VR6. But faster and new lol... Plus the MK4 R32 is a nicer car in my eyes that the MK5. The mk5 doesnt look aggresive anymore.

Trouble with the R32 is that I'm a bit of a Coupe lover now, after having my 2 Corrado's. Not sure I'd like to go for a big heavy mk4 Golf. I know TT's are fairly heavy, but they've got power to cope and they are a coupe.

Thing thats brought all this on is the pics of those ones at ultimate....my god those TT's look sweet!!

S2 isnt worth it imo, considering ive got a Corrado VR6. S3, same reasons as R32. S4 & RS4 are awesome motors, but S4 just doesnt quite do it for me. Its almost saying "Im like an RS4, but Im not good enuf". RS4 are just too much cash.

Trouble with the R32 is that I'm a bit of a Coupe lover now' date=' after having my 2 Corrado's. Not sure I'd like to go for a big heavy mk4 Golf. I know TT's are fairly heavy, but they've got power to cope and they are a coupe.

Thing thats brought all this on is the pics of those ones at ultimate....my god those TT's look sweet!!

[/quote']

Your corrado is around the same kerb weight as an R32!! the corrado is based on the old passat floor pan and .....the G60 version was identical in weight to the Rallye golf even though it had the 4wd set up!! so the VR corrado is a tad heavier than that!!! being a coupe dosnt make it much lighter, invariably coupes have far more strengthening in the doors and floor pans like cabriolets

I agree if your looking for something "exclusive" the aggressive mk4 R32 would be a good choice, 2 or 4 doors look nice and the power and NOISE is superb, the new R32 wasnt designed in the same way as the mk4, vw chose to make it a powerfull saloon instead of the more aggressive race inspired look of the mk4,

and remember those TT`s at U.D had ££££££££££££££££££££ poured into them, a standard TT is pretty dull to look at imo, even though i do like them :) but the 4 pot motor is lame sounding, nothing like the noise of a V6 dub :)

Not really. I know the weight of a Corrado VR6 = 1240kg and a Golf Mk4 R32 = 1552kg. Thats quite a jump. my point was that they are a fair size & not a coupe. Im not expalining what I mean very well...LOL!

I'm just not looking for a mk4 Golf. They are just too heavy and not really me tbh.

u gave me all the money in the world and thats what i would buy!!!

and yet you baught a 4motion? for more lol

i think the answers off here will be a bit biased simlar to if you posted this on a TT forum. but i say charged VR too

interesting thread - if you are after an audi tt go for the 3.2 litre quattro - its got the same engine as the Mk4 R32 and the r32 has the same steering set up - the audi tt pops out another 10 bhp than the r32 and most of them have dsg gear boxes which the mk4 r32 never had - how do i know this ? well took my r32 up to 145 mph with a 3.2l audi tt(on a private road of course) and there was nowt in it which should be the case as mechanically they are almost the same car - but it was hairdresser verses vw enthusiast so you take your pick !!!!!!! but heah as is always the case in stories of well my car beat a "xxxxxx" it's probably down to the actual driver which is why i prefer to say that a particular make of car has never got away from me as opposed to one bit of fun when the other driver for safety reasons didnt push his car - theres a bloke at my work who has an audi s3 and swears he's "beaten" no end of cars - enough said !!!!

Theres a guy at my work too who has an S3..the later 220bhp version and my car easily matches its performance. The S3 is a nice car but it does sound dull and a bit wheezy .. after all it is just a 1.8 (this has also been mentioned in reviews about the new S3, that it sounds wheezy/strained when pushed). Would far prefer the A3 3.2 v6 which has basically the same performance but sounds much nicer.

For something even more interesting you could look at the 2003 Audi S4 which has the 4.2 V8 (340bhp) in it. Now that would be nice. All for under 20k.