Where did you get it dyno'd at 231bhp? My mate had his car 'superchipped' at a quite well known place, his before and after figs were 200 and 220bhp respectively - hmmm thats not bad for a 120k VR with only a K&N and a scorpion exhaust is it? Bit optimistic we thought, so about a month after, we had it on the rollers at another place where it made 184bhp thats more like it. Point is, some places love to boost their customers ego with b£$"%£$ figures so their mates will go with their cars..

edit: acf I think those are 17s on there - good choice!

[ Edited Sun Nov 02 2003, 11:37PM ]

• 3 weeks later...

It does seem a bit high. Mines currently running an AmD chip,gas flowed/enlarged throttle body, milltek stainless exhaust cat back and a ram air filter. Then remapped. and i'm only getting 205 at the fly !

But then, some cars respond well to tuning and other dont !

Turbo power !

[ Edited Mon Nov 24 2003, 12:52PM ]

• 3 weeks later...

ive got a golf 2.8 with k&n big bore induction kit, throttle body, chip, exaust, vsr manifold and ive only got 196bhp(hopefully about 205 with remap) and thats 150 at the wheels,to lose only 22bhp through transmission ie from 231 to 209 seems a bit suspect to me, lets see that power graph fibber boy

Guest PIE CJ?

:) and the answer to everyones question is....

Europarts rollers :)

fact - at the time mart went they were 20% out :(

my mate took a standard honda crx and got 179bhp ! now the crx is only 150 standard :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

120,000 miles

BMC CDA Induction kit

The rest standard

Air temp 25 degrees

Air pressure 1024 mbar

P-norm 182.0 bhp

P-eng 182.5 bhp

P-wheel 129.5 bhp

P-drag 53.0 bhp

Max power @ 117mph/6220 rpm

Torque 166 lbf/ft

Max torque @ 85mph/4540rpm

Have a fucked clutch just now. Waiting for a Black Diamond one to go in, drag should come down?? I hope anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mart.... I`m not disbelieving you on your figures, but where was it done? Has it all the ambiant temp figures? as you can alter the air temp on the program to give you a slighlty bias power figure. Check it, sounds a great figure, but mighty high...

I`m running a port & polished head( which doesn`t gain a lot on a VR), shrick cams, filter, exhaust and a Stealth remap, and mines only 206.

Vince did say that there wasn`t much else you can do, unless you forced induction.

my friend has motec management, head, cams, cat bypass, zaust,filter,upgraded coils, throttle body, eip intake manifold and we believe the engine has strengthened rods, valves and pistons, it revs to 6800 rpm. 200 at the wheels, but apparently only very few naturally aspirated cars have ever beaten that on his rolling road..who knows. ?!

• 1 month later...