whats peoples fuel consumption like?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do the later MFA's update differently to give an average reading? I'm running an older set of mk3 clocks and OBD1 lump in my mk2 Golf, managed a respectable 27mpg in it cruising like a grandad, but it drops rapidly when the foot goes down, to about 14-17mpg, but it's up and down all the time - could do with an overall average.

when I picked the car up I gave it a nice run of about 50 miles and got 34mpg trouble is I only work 20 mins away so its 5 to warm up 10 minute fair to medium blast then a 5 min cool down through some country lanes, hence why mine a bit rubbish, same trip in the scoob was about 17-18 mpg so i'm happy with 23 lol

my mfa is showing 39 mpg but i have to knock 40% off for the big injectors so it works out at a bit over 23 which isnt too bad for a 300 hp vr hehe

are you sure? if you're getting 23 mpg you must be driving miss daisy, I get that on average driving to work (ie not booting it) in a standard VR!

my mfa is showing 39 mpg but i have to knock 40% off for the big injectors so it works out at a bit over 23 which isnt too bad for a 300 hp vr hehe

are you sure? if you're getting 23 mpg you must be driving miss daisy' date=' I get that on average driving to work (ie not booting it) in a standard VR!

[/quote']

positive :) iv even filled it drove round then refilled it to check its accurate and yep its pretty much spot on you dont really use any more fuel with a charger if you drive it the same because you make the same power as before but using less throttle to do it (using about the same amount of fuel in the process) the only reason itd use more is the extra weight and the parasitic load on the engine (same as aircon) if you stonp on the loud peddle the mpg jumps off a cliff though :-* :-p

Around town i get about 24mpg if im easy, but i recently had an overfuelling problem which is now sorted. On a run about 28-30mpg sat @ 80-85mph.

Trouble is around town i dont get above 40mph, which is what i usually do. Thats on Super Unleaded too.