vr6 v's 182 cup

had a play with a 182 cup today, i have driven one b4 and they are quick off the mark.. but on open road as i found today i flew past, side by side on private dual carriage way! i hit 4th gear and slowly pulled away from him, i glanced over just as a passed and he was shaking his head..lol

BTW my cars running 186.1 bhp

another new car falls prey for a old k plate mk3..lol

the first cup was 172, the next one was 182, its the one with twin exhausts out the back, ive driven both, they are mental in the wet, just spin all the time due to power/weight ratio! i thought the later ones were cups aswell, they do one with two white stripes up the bonnet and roof thought that was a trophey? a girl at work has a 182 its the same as hers, she did also have the 172 aswell, but traded it in for the newer model.

My mates got the cup 172 and they are more of a match for a VR6 as their lighter etc. Had a few races when we went to Le Man last year and we were pretty much equal in a straight line to around 130Mph when I could pull away from him, his cars fully stripped and modded a fair bit too tho.

there was a 172 in the round headlight shape clio,then from about 2001 on there was the 172 and 172 cup,then the 172 with twin tailpipes,then the 182 cup and finaly the 182 trophy with gas shocks with seperate canisters (handle like fcuk!)

they are pretty good,had a play with a 172 a while bk and sat on his bumper till 120 till i got bored n over took and he then started undertakin so i let him go,still say fair play gav coz they are bloody fast cars in there own right,quick round a track too

yep...they handle so well its untrue, my mate has a 182 with both cup packs but swapped the suspension for H&R coilovers and it seriously scares me how fast it can corner and brake at speed around bends (being so used to how bad the vr handles and breaks if im honest) the 182 is sooo much nicer to drive, i'd have one tomorrow if they looked like a mk3 golf or made the right sound ;)

in a straight line there's nothing between us, what-so-ever...thats with a de-cat and BTB exhaust on my friends!