High Level Brake Light

Hi guys,

Has anyone else's VR got a high level brake light in the back window at the top? Mine seems to have the black surround etched on the window and 2 brackets to hold one on, but not the actual unit. I've tried looking round scrappers and ebay and haven't seen another one with this yet... Picture shows where the outline is:

DSCN0683.jpg

Cheers,

Mike.

think it was an option on all vr6`s but mine is a Nov 96 P Highline i recall some legislation was introduced around 97 meaning new cars had to have them for safety as some statistition worked out % of rear end accidents etc.. i worked for VW parts then and vaguely remember ordering the kits in off the accessory book, i didnt really like mine at first but it is handy for some of the drongos on our roads! and i dont really notice its there anymore

Mines a 97P and i didn't have one before i fitted a GL rear glass and i still dont have one' date=' they are a horrible looking thing!!! :)

[/quote']

Maybe it not the height of cool in some peoples book? but it certainly looks better than a smashed in rear end if some div dont see you brake!!! it gives you an "extra" chance to warn people before the parachute deploys! ;)