Insurance - Anyone recommend a good place who will insure a modified VR?

I'm gonna be going with Brentacre for my renewal due 2mrw. Best offer i had by FAR. I've just turned 26, with 4yrs NCB and they've offered me £460 f.comp with protected NCB and no increase for mods throughout the year :-d

I spoke to a bloke called Kerry (yes, a bloke!) who was really friendly chap and as Shail said, they know what they are talkin about. They will match / beat quotes as well, so when they ask what you've had already, don't be scared to tell a bit of a porky ;)

They also have no admin fees for changes mid-term.

just got my insurance for a modified VR with Adrian flux' date=' with discount through membership £414 fully comp. I'm 31 with 6 points and all mods declared including ICE. well happy

[/quote']

Addsvr6,

that is a good price for fully comp with 6 points.how much excess do you have to pay?

I'm gonna be going with Brentacre for my renewal due 2mrw. Best offer i had by FAR. I've just turned 26' date=' with 4yrs NCB and they've offered me £460 f.comp with protected NCB and no increase for mods throughout the year :-d

I spoke to a bloke called Kerry (yes, a bloke!) who was really friendly chap and as Shail said, they know what they are talkin about. They will match / beat quotes as well, so when they ask what you've had already, don't be scared to tell a bit of a porky ;)

[/quote']

Engine mods they will charge extra for but anything else they won't. Also they do charge admin for changes to the policy as it cost me £20 to change plate over

I'm gonna be going with Brentacre for my renewal due 2mrw. Best offer i had by FAR. I've just turned 26' date=' with 4yrs NCB and they've offered me £460 f.comp with protected NCB and no increase for mods throughout the year :-d

[/quote']

thats a good quote steve im with brentacre and payin 700 with 4 years protect ncb... im 25 but set teh policy up wen i was 24

I just got insured with Adrian Flux today.£638 fully comp, £250 excess. I can also drive any other car. All mods declared. I'm 25 with 2 years no claims, 2 accidents and no points. My renewal with Elephant (Without Mods) was £793!

[/quote']

Also they do charge admin for changes to the policy as it cost me £20 to change plate over

Well then either one of us has been lied to, or they've changed their policies, cos i specifically checked that with them and had it confirmed that there are no admin fees for changes in the policy.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a quote from Elephant of £435 with suspension' date=' wheels and bmc, i'm 30 with full ncb

Anyone got any other good insurers and what are you guys paying?

Cheers,

Mat

[/quote']

Lucky bugger, im paying £1800 with wheels,suspension, exhaust, and audio, but i sup[pose i am only 18, and dont have any ncb!

I've just paid £480 fully comp, with Adrian Flux (plus got free protected no claims for haggling), I'm 29 with 8 years no claims but had one fault accident that I was protected against, and had someone smash the back of my old car in. You really need to haggle, they wanted £575 off me to begin with (that was without protected no claims), so I said I would take my business elsewere, and to be fair they bent over backwards to get me the best deal they could to make me to stay with them.

It just proves how much money insurance companies/brokers make if they can jut drop the price by nearly £100 and add in the protected NCD!