I know this has probably been asked and discussed hundereds of times before, but ruffly what mpg should i be expecting from my mk3 VR? What is everyone else getting?I don't tend to rag it that much, but give it the occaisonal boot on a straight road. Fuel guzzelers eh!!!!!!

Well i frequently see 30 mpg the most ive ever had is 34mpg. Mine isn't that thirsty really.

Dude you are not driving it right ! :-)

lol.

My average sits at 23MPG but if I am on a long steady run somewhere then I do see just over 30MPG which I am fairly happy with hehhe

Mark.

When I first got the car I had such a low mpg i considered selling it! It turns out i had my lead boots on for the first few weeks! The best i've had is 32 but on a long run i can get 29 if i take it easy. Around town i average 18mpg.

Well i frequently see 30 mpg the most ive ever had is 34mpg. Mine isn't that thirsty really.

Dude you are not driving it right ! :-)

lol.

My average sits at 23MPG but if I am on a long steady run somewhere then I do see just over 30MPG which I am fairly happy with hehhe

Mark.

Trust me mate she gets nailed, however i put the good MPG down to regular oil changes(Castrol GTX magnatec) and also using good superunleaded fuel, i know that its more expensive but i'm sure that its far more efficient.

DAVE

ha i got 46.1 mpg once!!!!!!!

admitidly i drove home from work at 45mph in 5th' date='and feathered the throttle,iv got a photo 2 prove too lol sad i know but i couldnt believe it

[/quote']

I've seen 99.9!

Reset the short trip count and then coast down a long hill. :-p