Bye bye TDI, welcome VR6!!

Finally sold my Tdi, shed a tear or two as she was a good reliable motor and I had modded it exactly the way I wanted. She went for £1600 which with wheels and tyres was a good bargain for the buyer.

Now got myself a gorgeous mystic blue VR6. 100k on the clock, FVWSH, R reg with private reg plate, all for £1800 which i considered to be quite a good buy.

Only problems with it is one rusty arch (bubbling really), a horrid metal bit on the black bit of the rear bumper (check pic) and a poopty Ripspeed handbrake :lol:

The arch will be sorted at some point, but the hanbrake is urgent!

All electrics are in perfect order, no funny noises, just a clean, honest VR6. Club Gti sticker on the windscreen so might have been owned by someone on here who visits the club gti website??

The difference between the TDI and the VR is unbelievable :lol::lol:

Engine was so quiet i thought i'd stalled. Then as you start driving, the thing just wants to take off, i mean what is the accelarator for, you dont even need to apply any pressure on it!!

Oh the noise!! it purrs it purrs, it's so addictive, not the quickest thing of the mark tho, but seems to open up at 60mph++(...)

All in all, love it, the guauge seems to be going down much faster than the tdi :lol::lol: but all in all more than worth it!

Plans are sort bits out as above, wheels, lowering and in 10 or 15 years or so supercharge it!

Comments welcome boys and girls!!

The beast:

MYVR8.jpg

MYVR7.jpg

MYVR6.jpg

MYVR5.jpg

MYVR4.jpg

MYVR3.jpg

MYVR2.jpg

MYVR.jpg

And my old tdi :(

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00254.jpg

DSC00251.jpg

DSC00250.jpg

DSC00008-1.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

93452588.jpg

00d846b7.jpg

Cheers all, yeah I do really miss the look of the tdi, but the VR is a blank canvas! Although it'll take time to mod the VR as petrol and insurance are taking quite a big chunk out of the budget! You sure will see me at one of the meets pete, looking forward to seeing plenty of other mint VR's!