e-bay.. aaAAGGHH!

I'd agree with that one, what you'll find is that your up against the "Autobidder", there's a web site that you down load from that supplies this, and what happens is that it being computer operated, it can wait up until a second from the end of auction and place a winning bid, hence how you're losing :( . Me personally I don't think its fair game ~:( , but Ebay seem to think its okay :? .

Wait until you have a non payer on Ebay, or better still a punter that you've bought goods from run off with your bankers draft/cash etc. The European auctions are the ones to watch for this, they're notorious for doing this, Then watch Ebay Kick in and penalise you the "Victim" as the other party claims you haven't paid and wants more money off you... Been there once and never again, now I won't purchase unless it's a US/UK sale and has a paypal option.

Good luck on your auctions though, and don't let me put you off but remember... it's "BUYER BEWARE!!!""

The key to ebay is bid as late as possible and bid a large amount, if no one beats it you will pay the smallest amount needed to win.

Obviously you won't always be there to see the end of the bid but if you are this is the best way IMO

A good way of bidding, is to open 3 windows and log in to your ebay account in each window and put three different amounts in each eg. 20, 30, 40. When there's 20 seconds of bidding time left, bid the lowest amount and if someone has outbid you, press the next highest bid in the second window you've already prepared, then the third if necessary.

Then you'll win every time!

I did quite well out of eBay the other day. My first ever auction and I won a brand new VW steering rack for £150. I was the only bidder, which was strange as they cost £390+VAT from the dealer..... and that's an exhange price for a recon job!

But yeah, agreed on eBay....it's open to too much abuse.

K

yep i do that to.. :? ...

you can use

www.auctionsniper.com

if you are going out or really want the item and u think u will forget or you can even be bothered to bid, it does it for you in the last 20 seconds....everytime i have used it ive always won....so it comes in handy .... :P

I just sold some stuff on ebay and usually end the item if its not getting enough interest, unfortunately forgot about the auction finishing and ending up selling an almost new paid of 195/45/16 falkens fro £29, my own fault, but didn't make me feel any better

i seem to be very good at pipping people (who then turn out to be people i know off forums) at the last second on auctions...and i don't use any fancy software!

my theory is never bid until the last 2 mins, otherwise you'll end up pushing the price up as people have time to respond (then you have to, then they do again, etc)

I just sold some stuff on ebay and usually end the item if its not getting enough interest' date=' unfortunately forgot about the auction finishing and ending up selling an almost new paid of 195/45/16 falkens fro £29, my own fault, but didn't make me feel any better[/quote']

Bugger if i'd known i would of had them!! :@

they were on the PVW classifieds for months without any serious buyers, worst thing is, they are still on my 6" design 90's and I'm going to have to pay a fitter to prise them off, so after his charge and the Ebay fees, looks like I'll see a score for them, if it wasn't for a near 200, 100% feedback I'd pull out