starter motor (sorted), more issues in most recent post though!

anyone have one, or know of any vr6's at scrappys?

its totally given up the ghost today. its just clicking sh*t loads. yesterday it would do that, then suddenly work fine. its also drawing loads of current out the car when its clicking (dash lights go dim, clock resets, passenger window opened for some reason as well!)...but when it started fine yesterday there'd be no probs with dash lights, etc.

garage said it was starter, its a bit f**ked up!

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

yep, have been blasting around...when i should be scrubing my tyres in carefully...but i can't help it!

saw a grey mkIII with a few mods on going down castle hill the other night (i was going up).

i have still got issues a couple of issues though...doesn't idle when cold, and idles low after that. and more significantly, all the coolant had dissappeared from the tank the other day (no leaks from what i can see) and its quite 'rusty' looking!

flush the coolant out as its the lifeblood of the vr engine! many a head gasket failure has ensued from contaminated coolant or prolonged coolant changes! vr6 idles quite low anyhow(500-650 is the norm on a reliable engine) and instability at idle could be a number of things , some related to ignition parts, but try the trusted isv valve clean out procedure! it does work wonders on older (sometimes newer models to) models! i could be giving you all the wrong diagnosis here, as someone will no doubt correct, but its all basic maintenance procedure really, whichever manufacturer you're from! good luck andrew anyhow! at least my hose was of use to you if the advice is not!

ISV can be cleaned using a solvent based cleaner.

There is a special drain plg located on the bottom of the pipe at the front of the engine (if I remember correctly its the one from the water pump) Bit of a bitch to remove and refit as needs to be done from underneath the car! See pic:

Me trying to remover the drain plug from Mangolds VR without getting soaked!

55711718.jpg

ok, seems better with freash coolant...i guess there was some left in the block when the h/g was changed. i think i've found a leak from the expansion tank as well.

gonna clean out the ISV later this week. its the thing under the cover by the TB and damper thing ain't it (i can't be bothered to dig out the bentley!). what do i do just spray some cleaning stuff all over/in it?