Black 5 Door Highline -Supercharged-August '08 - FOR SALE!

At last some pics of my car. Still lots to do but I've made a start.

From this.....

VR6HIGHLINE.jpg

Image020.jpg

to this, with the help of the G-Max suspension kit and a wash.....

09042006172.jpg

09042006171.jpg

and finally to this :)

dbe33894.jpg

26042006176.jpg

26042006175.jpg

Since the last pics, I've fitted my Miltek exhaust and had my rear badges nicked. Car is going in this week for a bit of arch work so more pics to come.

Kevin

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

looks tidy' date=' its sitting nice and low, is the g-max kit any good?

[/quote']

I like the G-Max kit mate. If you just want to up-rate from standard and go a bit lower then I'd recommend it. I use the car around town quite a bit (speed bumps) so I didn't want anything too harsh. Although the ride is noticably stiffer than stock, I haven't lost all of the comfort of the VR. Eyeballs are still firmly in sockets. 8-) Took it on a run up to Colchester the other day, first proper run on the M-Way sice fitting and it was lovely. No more altitude or sea sickness. ;)

I drove it around on the standard 15's for a couple of weeks to settle it in and get used to the ride but putting the 17's on has really made the difference. I took a bit of a gamble on the height but it has definately paid off.

Car is in the bodyshop atm having a bit of arch work done. Should be back by the end of the week so more pics to come.

Kevin

looking nice now kev needs to be charged now u now its gonna happen

Don't got here Wayne. :o This time last year I said I didn't need or want a VR remember. Too juicy' date=' no need for speed etc ;)

[/quote']

That was my fault im afraid ;)

Kevin: 'ive seen a vr6 for sale'

Patrick: 'go on, get it'

Kevin: 'do i have to?'

Patrick: 'of course, you know you want to'

Kevin: 'ok then'

the art of gentle persuasion!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So you actually DID go for it after all !

When I spoke to you, you seemed a bit unsure if you were going to do it or not !

I said at the time and I say again now i think it will look pretty nice.

At the very least it will be unique.

I am looking forward to seeing the finished item.

Keep us updated with pics throughout the Job though, I love seeing W.I.P.

Since Sparkz twisted your arm to get a VR in the first place is he paying for the work ;-) Or perhaps a Supercharger ! Time to bend his arm me thinks?

Mark.

So you actually DID go for it after all !

When I spoke to you' date=' you seemed a bit unsure if you were going to do it or not !

I said at the time and I say again now i think it will look pretty nice.

At the very least it will be unique.

I am looking forward to seeing the finished item.

Keep us updated with pics throughout the Job though, I love seeing W.I.P.

Since Sparkz twisted your arm to get a VR in the first place is he paying for the work ;-) Or perhaps a Supercharger ! Time to bend his arm me thinks?

Mark.

[/quote']

Yes mate i bit the bullet and went for it. Its certainly getting a lot of interest down at the bodyshop. :) I wanna see it painted and back together. Will be done in time for 9th July. I can't wait to get back behind the wheel. Its only been a week since i last heard that rumble but i'm getting withdrawl symptoms already.

I think that considering i was coerced into buying a VR the least that Sparkz could do is pay for my mods. (hint hint) ;)

Bend his arm? Might have to snap it off

I think that considering i was coerced into buying a VR the least that Sparkz could do is pay for my mods. (hint hint) ;)

Bend his arm? Might have to snap it off

Keep dreaming!! Im still wondering what to do next on my mk2!!