how many miles do people get to a tank???

Tip: If you fill up when its cooler ie: middle of the night during the summer months etc u will get more fuel for your money as the petrol will be less dense' date=' wont be much but every little helps.

[/quote']

That was on Fifth Gear the other night.....guess what i do now :)

I get an overall average of 29MPG on a full tank.

Around town I get anything between 20-25MPG and upto 34MPG on a long run.

I find it's more economical at 85MPH than at 75MPH!

i find that aswell cos the journey takes less time ;):P

• 3 weeks later...

sorry but vrs aren't economical at all, get a diesel! on days i've hit 14mpg in heavy stop start traffic, loves the motorways though getting up to 36mpg, i spend £87 a month on petrol, roughly £43 a tank , optimax , a tank will last me a fortnight if i don't boot it!

Not sure how many miles to the tank but was on a steady run the other week doing around 70ish and my MPG went round to 34MPG !!!! I put this down to regular oil changes(Magnatec) and also Greased Lightening engine addative which quientened my engine dramaticly and has given me this sort of MPG. I would definatly recommend it to anyone.

sorry but vrs aren't economical at all' date='

i spend £87 a month on petrol, roughly £43 a tank , optimax , a tank will last me a fortnight if i don't boot it!

[/quote']

Lol, I spend about £140 a month on petrol and my car only has 74 BHP lmao

I havent got a clue what i get from a tank, said to myself after buying it that i wouldnt look at the mpg or reset my trip at the pumps as it spoils the car, i didnt buy mine for economy i brought it for fun you will never enjoy it if you worry about the economy too much! Saying that ive got a pic of 41.1 mpg that ill post up and i didnt cheat! :-p

mines about 200 per tank but i drive mine hard i really have to give the vr a break also if you wanna get rid of the annoying saxo,s and corsas just take off the vr badges i never have any probs now in fact no ones interested they must think its a diesel.

ive never had a full tank coz i cant bare to part with all that money in one go! lol

on the motor i get 28-29 mpg at about 80-90.

i always drive it hard where ever i can usually get 22-24mpg. car has chip, filter, modded TB, exhaust etc.

when i first had the car it was shite bout 14 even on a run.

turned out a number of breathing hoses were blocked or split and hall sensor was fucked.

Guest Gay Dave

I've had my VR6 now for two months and gone through 1700quids worth of petrol. I get bout 150 to 200 miles max out my tank and my right foot only goes down all the way occaisionally|!!!