frost.co.uk do a specific polishing kit to go from rough cast to shiney shiney. £45 quid :-)

Good job Adam you have a lot more pateince than me! :-)

you could have told me that before i started Warren :S

:$ sorry fella you never asked... Besides think of the satisfaction!! :-) Will be interested in how you did it though!! :-)

frost.co.uk do a specific polishing kit to go from rough cast to shiney shiney. £45 quid :-)

Good job Adam you have a lot more pateince than me! :-)

£45 seems a bit steep, rhe polishing company will do it for you for 70!!

im having my inlet manifold enlarged and welded up, so while its off im going to polish it up. why have u guys been polishing them up by hand? i will just get a D.A with a selection of discs go through the grades to 2000 and then polish it up with a cutting compound and then machine polish with a mop, easy. ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

hi all, a little update......

not the greatest pics as they are from my phone

right, finally got my bits back from the chromers and the polishers and have been busy with polishing the porka rims.......bloody rough cast alloy beneathe 50 odd coats of paint including a top coat (on the insides ) of white household gloss

the pics

Image009bling.jpg

Image008bling.jpg

Image007bling.jpg

Image003bling.jpg

got a few more bits to get....oh and fit it all ;):)

That stuff looks wicked. Can't believe they chromed the alternator. How much would that lot cost then? I'm thinking about asking the guy who refurbs alloy wheels to do my manifold like the one in your's.

cheers, i dunno how much it cost, i did alot of the polishing myself, like the wheels and alternater(before it was chromed) and it will still cost another £120 to get the alternater refurbed with new bushes and bearings

but a rough price( if you didn't polish anything and just bought it) would be around £750 ish i guess

but if you want just the front of the manifold done i would diy it, you can get polish to cut the cast on ebay, or do as i did , the old fashioned way with sand paper and patience ;)