If you guys are interested in doing this I live 10 Minutes from Billing Aquadrome. :-)

If they are not getting back to anybody about it I can go there and get a rundown of what is needed and prices for camping and grounds etc.....

I have NEVER organised anything before so have no idea what to do' date=' what to find out etc.....

If you want this thing to happen if an Events organiser could list things for me to find out then I am more than happy to do it ;-)

I could go there over the weekend if I know what I am doing, like I said it's about 10 Minutes from me :-)

[/quote']

get in touch with claire fella and see if she can help you in answering your questions. basically whats needed is cost for camping for one or two nights and wether its possible to organise a plot big enough to house the amount of cars attending. i know from previous experience that the polo guys generally have around 150 cars in attendance at any one time across the weekend of their show. maybe get in touch with them at www.clubpolo.co.uk and see what sort of organisation is needed. defo think we can get enough interest to do a weekend meet!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a cap on what is going on guys.....

I have not had contact with her today as they are in the middle of some sort of take over. :-(

Thre is a Drivers Guild booked in for the weekend of the 5/6 August but is only going to be small and so this date for us should not be a problem.

I have phoned 4 times today and each time she has been in a meeting and not been able to talk to me. The last time I rang I said that I was a bit miffed as I had called so many times and wanted to get it sorted. The receptionist expressed her apologies and so I will try again tomorrow......

I've been so looking forward to going to Santa Pod but when i worked out the miles its 250 each way which cant be done on a Sunday what with work, kids school etc.

Then somebody has a marvellous idea for a VR6 mega meet at Billing Aquadrome so i looked it up ............ 250 forking miles each way ......... can't believe it.

Please don't have it on a Sunday, a Saturday would be great so i can stay over somewhere.

If this is going to keep happening i hope my road tax goes towards building a new direct motorway or autobahn from Plymouth to Coventryish way.

A VR6-only show eh? Like it!! As long as I'm not away on Holiday or something I'll be there!!

Name the date & details and I'll drum up some support on the other VW forums - I reckon we'd get a fair bit of interest from the Corrado, 4Motion & R32 owners on this one.