• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to lower the tone any further but, its seem funny to me how this thread has gone seeing as the title could be read as "Views on ramming her filter"

I'm really sorry, i'll go and sit in the corner for a while :P

rotflmfao here........ !amazed !amazed !amazed

You lot crack me up....!!!!! :P

I still recon she had an Invisible cloak on! (Paula will know what I mean)

LMAO....it was u wearing that i think si.... 8o)

Don't want to lower the tone any further but' date=' its seem funny to me how this thread has gone seeing as the title could be read as "Views on ramming her filter"

I'm really sorry, i'll go and sit in the corner for a while :P [/quote']

Best you do go sit in the corner you rwude rwude man you.....lol :D

Yes i agree thats the reason i wanted one because of the noise it sounds sexy to say the least...(

Hmmm, each to our own I guess.

It sounds dull to me, nothing distinctive about the noise at all.

M3 straight six, that's distinctive. Big Block chevvy V8, that's distinctive. Subaru flat four, again, sounds unique.

Nope been there with the M3, had an E36 EVO convertable, and I thought it sounded crap in comparison to my VR. My old E30 325i Convertable on the otherhand sounded awesome!

Scoobies always sound like there missing/not running right to me!

But have to agree with you on the V8's though, they just make me drool! :P

Yes i agree thats the reason i wanted one because of the noise it sounds sexy to say the least...(

Hmmm' date=' each to our own I guess.

It sounds dull to me, nothing distinctive about the noise at all.

[/quote']

I think the VR induction noise through a bmc or ram air is very distinctive... do you think the standard airbox sounds better then? B)

i love the way they go from low moan to high pitched squeal.....mmmnnn....sorry, must have been thinking of that top paula had on at inters...lol! but the noise of the ram-her is great i have to say, i'm an addict!

I think the VR induction noise through a bmc or ram air is very distinctive... do you think the standard airbox sounds better then? B)

No it isn't. I've driven VRs with both and they don't sound anything special at all. Just a loud noise that is feckin irratating to be honest.

No the standard airbox doesn't make any sort of sound, and that's the whole point of it for me. I'm more interested in what the engine delivers to the tarmac than what kind of noise it's making.

I've known so many people to revert back to the stock airbox after having an induction kit. Suggests a lot really.

Nope been there with the M3' date=' had an E36 EVO convertable, and I thought it sounded crap in comparison to my VR. [/quote']

3.2 24V twin-Vanos engine that howls to the limiter with undertones of transmission whine and crisp mechanical crescendos...... compared to a bland sounding ancient 12V inline V? There is absolutely no comparison. Sure the M3 unit sounds like a bag of nails round town, but once those VANOS units kick in on the open road......you soon see (and hear) why it won Engine of the year award a few times.

My old E30 325i Convertable on the otherhand sounded awesome!

Agreed there. The M20 engine does indeed sound nice' date=' had a few 325is and 320is myself. Doesn't sound a world apart from the M3 engine though.

Scoobies always sound like there missing/not running right to me!

They're very smooth and punchy cars. They sound like they're running on 3 at idle because of the firing order and boxer layout. At 4000+ rpm though, it sounds sublime imo.

But have to agree with you on the V8's though' date=' they just make me drool! :P [/quote']

Yep V8s are in a class of their own. Top fuel drag engines have to be about the meanest sounding engines on earth, followed by the utterly demonic AMG built Mercedes V8 from the SL55 and SLR. The side exit exhausts on the SLR beef it up it even more. I had the subwoofer cranked up when watching Top Gear on Sunday..... now *that* is a distinctive engine note.

The VR sounds better than it's 4 cylinder stablemates, no question, but it does nothing for me. I love it's smoothness and torque but the noise isn't memorable. Perhaps on throttle bodies?

i was told by some bloke on a bike when taking up chase that one second there was a golf behind him, then the next he was looking again because he thaught there was another bike chasing him, lol. my friend also described my car as a mororbike with a shell. it does sound cool. the only reason i baught the golf was because i love the look, and sound of the vr6 engine. i had never driven one before.

Just an update on the airfilter.....went on the rollers this morning.....no problems with the maf detected and she made 193bhp at the fly as with all rr power figures can vary but its not down on power thats the main thing !amazed very happy for a standard vr with airfilter and back box 8o) DSC01750m.jpg