• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a quickie about a problem I think my RamAir filter has caused, not specific to Ramairs but induction kits that take hot air in from under the bonnet in general. I have had about half a dozen problems in the last month with the pipework surrounding the idle stabilisation valve ( see other posts on this subject if interested ) It keeps getting bunged with spongey material from the sound deadner, it has also jammed the valve on several occasions, it really makes the car drive like crap. Realised today that another sound deadner has expired after only a fortnights use, its contents have melted and bunged the pipe and I put it down to the extra hot air passing through it, ie under bonnet heat instead of fresh air. Have only had problems since the RamAir went on. Just a thought, you have been warned!! ;-)

V8s do sound absolutely awesome but the best engine i ever heard was a spitfire think they were v12s dont know what displacement (bet its huge though) 1400-2000 bhp and it makes the hair on your neck stand up bloody hell thats a nice noise :)