My car is going in today for the charger! And got it back today, totally standard again!!

tbh it is stupidly loud if you floor it in a built up area... I was in the worng lane at the traffic lights and needed to cut across 2 lanes... wouldve been fine but the guy next to me decided he was going to race so I had to floor it... got into the right lane and slowed down then few minutes later saw the blue lights behind me :(

my mum tells me you can appeal those tickets and if you put your cat back on, then they can't prove nothing, the courts seem to favour the drivers when there is 'lack' of evidence.

gav your getting a v1????? LOLOLOL

tbh it sounds like nothing else when its spooled up, ive only ever heard a z-eng kit once and it sounded pretty frigging sweet, the whine is excellent.

v2 ive never heard, v1 has the best whine ive ever heard, its like a jet....but its just the idle sound is quite intrusive.

im impressed that vw built the vr engine stronger enough to withstand the charging! it wasnt built to be like it, some cars the compression levels have to be lowered and components replaced with stronger items bla bla bla. but the vr, from what i can make out is just plug and play!!

What kind of power / torque can the standard gear box take? I assume it's not the clutch that is the weak point but the actual box. Are there any other good but not overly expensive gear boxes out there that are up to the job and suited for the golf VR? What's the total cost for the part? I may be having my timing chains done at some point soon which requires the gearbox out. I'm getting a new standard clutch (which I've been told can withstand very good power - over 300bhp)... but what about an uprated box... any recommendations and prices?

1gav... you're getting the C2.. sounds good... is that a Vortech 2 charger? What does the 'c' stand for? I've heard stage one C2 puts out 280bhp! Let us know what your car feels like in the low rev range..and all the way through :)

Does the C2 come with a remappable chip? I know the stage 1 comes with uprated injectors...all for around

It is a vortech V1 charger and in the group buy i paid 2350 incl fitting. Fiited by Ultimatune. This includes a complete ecu change which is really just a plug in and play. There isn't need for a re-map afterwards. Although i might go to stealth for a check-up after the new exhaust system is fitted. Just to make sure i'm getting the best out of everything.

C2 is the company which supply the charger kit, and for the money this is an excellent kit. ( Speak to ulimatune )

I'm not too sure on the fuel pump, not heard on any of the forums about getting this changed. Although i am having virtually everything else changed!

I'll give you a little review when its all run in. ;-)

I didn't realise C2 superchargers actually use a Vortech 1. I always thought it was a V2. Can't wait to hear what your car feels like in the low rev range (as that is always the weak spot in standard VRs). Will the C2 be putting out 280bhp and what torque will it generating? Are you keeping the standard gearbox? Does anyone know if there are any uprated reliable (not too expensive though) gearboxes that can take power well over 300bhp? How much would they be? How would this cost compare to a standard gearbox?