The time has come for me to have some coilovers as fed up running it at the same height/hardness etc...... all the time! And want it low for Inters.

Who's running what and how much did you pay (Where from) and most importantly what do you think of them? I'm debating going the full hog and getting some Koni Coilovers, but very interested to hear all your opinions.

Thanks in advance guys, hopefully be nice and low for Inters. ;)

Simon.

Guest Olly_K

I've got Koni's on mine. paid 700 quid all in from awesome gti. Got them fitted at my local garage. Only thing about them is the ride harshness. But i wont change it cos i love it ! apparently the best package is koni shocks and ebiach springs

Cheers guys looks like I'll be going for the FK Konigsports then I think, although I wondered if anyone had tried the H&R's or the KW's as thats what they all seem to run on the continent.

I have the Koni/Eibach set up on it at the moment, but just want to get it lower!

[ Edited Sun Apr 18 2004, 02:40PM ]

well, my only advice is... dont go spax. theyre awfull. jus too damn hard. and u can only get em about 50mm and it rides on the bumpstops. then they tear and you have a bouncy car, lol. jus what happened to me. anyone know of some stronger bumpstops i could use?

Simon

I highly rate them for road use but on track I feel I need stiffer springs.

Bare in mind I'm running 205/50/R15 wheels, I've had 205/40/R17's on and adjusted the damping a little softer to cater for less body from the tyres to give a tight smooth ride.

[ Edited Sun Apr 18 2004, 06:39PM ]

I got my wheel bearing fixed today so took the baby out for a spin properly this evening, god I need to sort the suspension out, it was like driving my old rover, (well that is a bit of an exageration!)

Going to go for coilovers as well, got 17's on so need that adjustability untill I can get the arches sorted.

I'd heard that coilovers can be high maintenance, any one had any probs with them corroding/locking up, or do people adjust them regularly to keep them sweet?