Hi everyone I've got my vr6 mk3

Parked up then next day got into it turned it over and nothing at all then I turned it again then there was a delay then starter motor sounded a bit different then nothing out of it again a delay for about 20 to 30 seconds then held it on turn then when it wants to it will turn over but sounds weak would a starter still turn over and not enough power to start engine I've checked fuel cleaned earth and connectors to starter but it turns over but sounds weak and my car is not starting anybody got any ideas thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes all normal there was a bad delay when I turn the key for a good few seconds then sometimes it will turn over ok but it doesn't sound the same when it cranks I've got a good battery good connections iv cleaned them all of the starter but still no start I think it's the starter motor as my gti done the same last year with the same kind ov delay when I turned the key I changed it and that starts great now so I'm not sure about this one on my vr do starters get weaker as they age I know the bushes were down but would that affect output strength thanks again I will try to do a video thanks again for help with this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi every one had some luck as I was cleaning earths I found a one piece connector go into starter that was a bit ov a worn out Brocken wire couldn't c I before as its not visible to the eye until close inspection it was nearly Brocken of sealed unit can't get new so I stripped it as far back as poss and could get a bit of wire to connect back and I wired it up and tappedit now starts every time great no cost no mechanics costs chuffed but as I was driving it when I put my foot into it the oil light and buzzer goes of when up to temp I have a slight oil leek on the housing out ov these Image1461935816.609968.thumb.jpg.79f97d6 I don't know what to change r these oil temp sensors ?

Best thing is swap switches first then is that right. I'll try the new o rings first if that don't work do the switches if that don't it the cooler is that right lads thanks just learning on this engine always had a gti 8v still got it just incase it's a great little engine on them old 1996 p reg both mine r Image1461963230.116378.thumb.jpg.aadda56 can't bet the sound ov that vr though need to get it right before the summers here.anyway enough ov me rambling on thanks again for any help welcomed as I would rather get my hands dirty and fix it myself.

Electrics aren't my forte so couldn't say if they would cause the warning alarm to go off just by leaking, it didn't on mine. Replace the switches first, I had problems with the seal behind the oil cooler onto the block on my engine but that pours oil out if it has gone.

If it was a very bad leak and it also loosing pressure as well as oil, I wouldn't be putting my foot down. Oil may not be reaching all parts of the engine if to low pressure. 

So yes they can make the buzzer go off, but usually only when the low pressure sensor kicks in. 

So your either very very low on oil causing low oil pressure. Causing the buzz to kick in. 

or you losing oil pressure when under heavy load. Causing the buzz to kick in. 

Or you have a fault low pressure sensor. But due to the oil leak I would put it down to either of the above. 

I'd be taking it easy until the oil leak is fixed if it was my car. 

Edited by c00k
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...