Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

This could be a number of things pal. Have you had it on vagcom? Any codes coming up? Even though fuel is getting to the rail are the injectors feeding properly. On idle limited fuel will be enough to keep it running but under throttle it will die. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assumed the mapping was done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All Iv seen is that it was due to be mapped on the 23rd at stealth. Not sure if it made it? Seen nothing about figures? Has it been mapped ibs? would imagen it will run terrible until this is done. If not then the cutting out when pulling off may be due to the fueling not being set up. Looked great on the ramp btw :)

Basically guys I had it booked in for the 23rd to get it mapped but because I couldn't get it running properly in time I spoke to vince and cancelled. But on the other hand I got a ecu with the turbo and Bosch 440 injectors which has a united motorsport base map which is on the car at the moment. So I think the map side is ok. I'll be working on the car Saturday so will check the injectors and crank sensor.

My way of thinking here is that even though your turbo came with this ecu it still may of not been running the same set up u have built. Ie..... Compression, boost, cams etc etc. wouldn't it have been set up for the engines requirements that it came from?

I think I'd just get it down to Vince and let him have a play.

Ok, I was thinking the lump might be untested, so that's good that it's the original working on the theory that it ran ok prior to fitting the turbo etc. So, you might be lucky with the crank sensor, but does it run rough up to the point where it conks out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can still hear the noise as in the vid like it's misfiring it's just a lot quieter now that the exhaust is on.

My way of thinking here is that even though your turbo came with this ecu it still may of not been running the same set up u have built. Ie..... Compression, boost, cams etc etc. wouldn't it have been set up for the engines requirements that it came from?

I think I'd just get it down to Vince and let him have a play.

The previous owner had done everything the same apart from the cams, short air intake and the oil cooler. I'm going to replace the crank sensor and the coil pack and see if it makes any difference. If not then I will definitely consider getting it down to vince.

I had a problem where mine would start on the button idle fine but as soon as you touch the accelerator it would die ,,ended up being the maf ,,check that first,,

Did it drive ok before the exhaust was fitted?

I had it running without a MAF. As when it came to first starting it after the rebuild it would not start and as soon as I unplugged the MAF it started so presume the MAF I was given with the turbo is faulty. I've just taken a few parts off my other vr got the crank sensor, coil pack and the MAF. Gonna give them a try now.

It's not good guys I changed the crank sensor, coil pack and the MAF. I know for a fact that they were all working on my other car but the MAF still does not seem to work on this car. It wouldn't let this car start with it plugged in but starts up fine without it. Just had the car started for around 30mins then went to drive off and it cut out again.