Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

Also I thought I would mention that just before it cuts out the battery light momentarily comes on and flickers. The battery is brand new and I checked the earth and even run another earth to it just incase the first one isn't good enough.

There definatly seems to be a problem regarding the maf as when you unplug it the engine starts.. Exactly Where have you got the maf located? I can see the air filter is now mounted where the battery was.. Cannot see from pics where the maf is?

The MAF is in between the 2 red silicone connectors on the silver section. It's a united motorsport 4" MAF housing.

The MAF is in between the 2 red silicone connectors on the silver section. It's a united motorsport 4" MAF housing.

Yes got it now.. It does look close to the turbo compared with other installs Iv seen.. At far as I understand it as bealieboy said earlier if the maf is too close to turbo it detects the turbulence and causes over fueling. This does cause running problems but I'm no expert and cannot say if the symptoms are the same as yours with not starting, cutting out or just simply poor performance. Hopefully someone with more experience can help regarding its location and the symptoms ur getting.... Not easy finding the fault with no fault codes :(

Yes got it now.. It does look close to the turbo compared with other installs Iv seen.. At far as I understand it as bealieboy said earlier if the maf is too close to turbo it detects the turbulence and causes over fueling. This does cause running problems but I'm no expert and cannot say if the symptoms are the same as yours with not starting, cutting out or just simply poor performance. Hopefully someone with more experience can help regarding its location and the symptoms ur getting.... Not easy finding the fault with no fault codes :(

Been waiting for the chap I bought the turbo off to message me back to see if he had any issues. Not heard anything yet.

I feel your pain.

You watch, it will be something so minor. Keep up the good work. This is a quality write up and I'm sure many of us will revert back to this at some point in the future.

Hope you get sorted soon ibs.....

It's always the way ain't it. Going back over there today to carry on fault finding. I've got a Greddy profec boost controller which has all the vacuum hoses connected but no electrical connections yet. I'm wandering if that could be causing an issue.

Did you extend the loom for maf if so have you wired them up correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Jay I extended the loom. Got a mate to help me with that as I didn't have a gas powered soldering iron. We checked it all as well.

If I was a gambler I would put money on this being a vac leak,,you may have melted one or pulled one out when taking it to the exhaust place ,,

I'm thinking this aswell. Two possible issues. Fuel and Air. Vehicle runs which seems to rule out fuel but doesn't rule out fuel starvation. Check all your vac pipes for even the slightest of cracks or splits or leakage.

If I was a gambler I would put money on this being a vac leak,,you may have melted one or pulled one out when taking it to the exhaust place ,,

The exhaust place literally just connected the main pipe to the downpipe which was already in situ and put on the backbox. No vacuum pipes were touched.

Would the brake servo vacuum pipe have an effect on the way the car runs if there were a leak in it?

If there was fuel starvation would I see a drop in the fuel pressure? I've got a gauge connected to the fuel pressure regulator and the pressure does not drop although I can't really check what it's doing while im driving it.

Edited by ibs

I had a leak in my servo pipe and it stopped mine from starting ,took ages to find it..

I took the engine back to bare essentials blocked all vac pipes at route and put one back at a time..

I will check mine again today. I had to extend mine and the only thing I could think of using was a copper tube which fit snugly inside the existing servo line. Then it had to get connected to the intake manifold with a silicone connector which is slightly bigger than the copper tube. So there might be a leak at that end.

If there was fuel starvation would I see a drop in the fuel pressure? I've got a gauge connected to the fuel pressure regulator and the pressure does not drop although I can't really check what it's doing while im driving it.

If limited fuel was getting through this would be plenty to make the car idle. Only when you throttle it you would see a difference and if there was starvation the engine would stall. Try checking it first whilst you pal is sat in the car. See if there's any difference in pressure or if it drops.

Boys I'm currently sitting at a service station on the m1 just pulled over to check things over. Been driving the car for around 45mins and it has tried to cut out on the odd occasion but apart from that it has been fine. The car cutting out has been due to the fuel pressure being too high. The original fuel regulators are 3 bar so I set mine to just under 3 bar and tried it over 3 bar too before. But today we tried it at 2 bar and it doesn't cut out nowhere near as much. So I'm guessing the fuel pressure just needs to be adjusted correctly.

Apart from that I tried playing with the MAF. What happens is if the car is running and I plug the MAF in with it out of the housing it seems fine but then as soon as I go to put the MAF back into the housing it cuts out.