Where to go to get my turbo setup fitted?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Latest update she's back on the road. WOOHOO!!

Just thought I would share a pic of my brakes being fitted...

I'll just leave this here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Well my day at stealth didn't go as planned. Vince tried mapping it but I'm getting a misfire under boost around 4500rpm. Plugs were changed that morning, we also tried a new set of leads and another coil pack which didn't cure the issue. Car is staying there until the new year. Vince is going to have a look at the timing as he reckons that's the next thing to check.

Quick vid of it on the rollers...

https://vimeo.com/149904228

• 1 month later...
On ‎23‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 10:52 PM, Bealieboy said:

What a shame! What did it roll with the misfire ibs?

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on here in a while. Got a bit disheartened after that day.

The car is back now. I collected it the second week of January. Vince has turned it into a monster. Its pushing 355hp!!

It was mapped without the methanol though as my kit stopped working for some reason. I've got a few more bits to do and then will probably take it back for another tune up. I need a bigger intercooler, relocate my air filter in to the wheel arch as the MAF is to close to the turbo and I have no more room to move it away further unless I move the air filter into the wheel arch area.

Oh yes I've also got a slightly bent clutch fork which happened the day after I picked her up :(. I've got a reinforced one from Epytec so going to get someone to fit it soon.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 6:10 PM, JakeP said:

Just read the whole build man, cracking job at everything, how much did you get the 263 cams for from vince?

Sorry for the late reply. Not been on here much. The cams were just over £400 delivered if I remember rightly.

Last month or so has been hectic with car stuff and other life stuff. Got a trip to Worthersee planned again this year and trying to get the car ready for it. It's still in winter mode but another set of wheels have been bought and being refurbished at the moment. Also got a smoothed rear boot lid and a standard bumper off ebay. They are being painted at the moment. The biggest purchase last month was the mk3 8v gti I picked up:

IMG-20160301-WA0001_zpsnrfptvdn.jpg

It's got an air ride system on it which I got a mate to take off and fit on to my car. We got it finished over the weekend but I didn't remember to take any pics.

• 2 weeks later...

A few more updates on what's been going on with the car. My mate has done all this for me so all credit goes to him. I just don't have the time to do anything myself at the moment.

Boot build for the air ride is coming together. Been waiting for some more cloth to turn up so he can retrim the top of the boot build to tie in with the rest of the car.

81858e20d81d56c8eb51253517c2df0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Nice update ibs, looking good fella. Are you doing the bootbuild or have you had a responsible adult to assist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The majority of the boot build came out the 8v but my mate had to chop and change because of my amps and methanol kit mounted to the backs of the seats. Also the sub box on the side has just been bought aswell. Going to miss the 15" L7 kicker I used to have in the back. Downsizing to a 8" sub 😕

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk