My Mk1 vrt 4wd build thread

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got a lot of good attention at the show but was ear wigging so Ino where to make changes but to be fair all the kids my age so early 20s we're hating on it quite abit prob just jealousy to be fair

After I done the arches I decided it needs some sort of skirt so I attempted at making one but still not 100% with it :/ think I wanted something more box like Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Haha yeah same here, TonyVRT on here managed to get a 4mo subframe to work, but it meant a LOT of work, chassis notching e.t.c Im using a mk2 syncro subframe with my haldex too. Problem is I have no idea how i'm going to mount my diff on the subframe, as I have no old diff to use a template / jig. So i have no way of knowing how far back to go back e.t.c :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thought I better update here as I've been slacking as I got a new toy :Dzahyryqy.jpg

But yea since I hit a massive issue with the rear shocks and kind of gave up for abit

ezuhy2yq.jpg

But with my date for it to be finished / looking half decent for players in June I thought I best pull my finger out lol the easiest option for me was to raise the turrets so I spent all this Easter weekend doin so

apumeju4.jpg

uqyhaveb.jpg

ajase9yd.jpg

hytujara.jpg

Not my cleanest of work but will do lol

Spent today on the exhaust, Isit bad that I've spent no time with family over Easter lol

5ujudede.jpg

7ebuhy9e.jpg

gy8ytuse.jpg

avaqypa3.jpg

9yverymu.jpg

You can just see the manifold hiding in the last pik just need to weld the flange on and then butcher the rest of the floor pan :( to make it fit n make a new tunnel

• 1 month later...

Just thought il post some more piks been flat out trying to get it to look half decent for the players show coming up in two weeks literally just brought it down to the paint shop and taken a week off to help prep it, any one here goin to the show ? 7ujy5azu.jpg

u8u7y4yg.jpg

pezateny.jpg

emuqaduj.jpg

5uze8u9u.jpg