** CANCELLED** Billing VR6OC Mega Meet 2012

It is with deep regret that the club has decided to cancel The VR6 Owners Club meet at billing this weekend the 4th and 5th of August 2012. After a large number of members dropping out for one reason or another, not much interest in the thread and after speaking to Billing them selves this morning to find that no one has booked any tickets in advance, we have taken the decision to cancel the event. We can only apologise to the members that were still willing to attend but after looking at numbers we found it was not a viable option to allow the show to carry on. Once again we are sad and sorry to do this but needs must, the members make the shows and events what they are but if no members attend then there are no shows or events.

The VR6 Owners Club Team.

No point running an event that most of the people who originally committed have dropped out for one reason or another and the general lack of interest in the event as a whole.

This is the second event we have had to cancel due to people letting us down after provisionally saying they would come only to let us down at the 11th hour :(

Oh no what a shame, Billing has always been a great weekend, where everyone was welcome to turn up and relax and meet new and old friends. I was looking forward to showing my face in my annual appearance and bringing Austin along to his first VR6oc meet :-)

I know times are hard and we all have to prioritise our pennies, hopefully it'll be bigger and better next year :-)

Donna

Go to say, the one year I went I really did enjoy myself, It was a fantastic event with a great bunch of people.

But have to ask, Pete, how many of the club evens have you attended in the past 3 years? How can you expect people to turn up if you as the chairman take no interest?

I think that's a little unfair mate. Ive not had a VR on the road in over 3 years, had a baby and had 2 major operations if you must know.

I'm still very much involved with the running of the club and website and have every faith in the event organisers and the VR6OC team doing a fantastic job off their own backs representing the club.

Many of us have not had a vr on the road or even own a vr any longer, many of us have also had babies, attended university, had operations ect ect.

I just think its a shame that you as the chairman are not a more visible element within the show season. For all the entry cost to a show actually is, even just popping in for a hour or 2 to show face and represent the club that you take payment for.

Please dont take it as a personal dig, its only what I would like to see from a club chairman.

Maybe it's time I dust off that life size cardboard cut out of me! If I had the spare cash to get the shows and pay get in I would mate :) like everyone else I've had make sacrifices and put my family first :) there's only so many pot noodles the kids will eat..

I was going to pop down on friday afternoon in the derv. Have a butchers at what people were sporting nowadays.

It's a damn shame. Weather, commitments, poorly cars and money. Mainly weather I guess.

Looking forward to seeing you all at whichever event is next.

Yeah a real shame... I know I can ususally only make one day but, I still like my day to catch up and relax...

Can I also ask... It does seem to have been quiet on here generally this year... Do we still have a good number of hits/members?

I ask as maybe we need to adjust our expectations if the overall numbers are low(er/ing)???

Is any one still going as they have booked and will use the weekend as a break?

Yeah a real shame... I know I can ususally only make one day but' date=' I still like my day to catch up and relax...

Can I also ask... It does seem to have been quiet on here generally this year... Do we still have a good number of hits/members?

I ask as maybe we need to adjust our expectations if the overall numbers are low(er/ing)???

[/quote']

When I phoned Billing they had no bookings under the club name.

It does seam to be quieter on here of late but that can be down to a number of reasons, Cars off the road, No time or money, family comes first, etc etc

ohhh maaaaaannnn I had a pass for Sunday... :(

Hi mate' date=' if your not planning on using the pass and unable to get a refund from Billing I will refund you from Club Funds - Dont want you being out of pocket!

[/quote']

think he meant a pass form the wife !! lol

Yeah a real shame... I know I can ususally only make one day but' date=' I still like my day to catch up and relax...

[/quote']

Hi mate. Been looking into the stats....

We've had 11,985 visits in the last 7 days.

of which:

64.71% Returning Visitor

7,658 Visits

35.29% New Visitor

4,177 Visits

So, not busy any less than normal in terms of "hits" the problem is that people are simply not contributing which has lead to average time spent on here dropping from around 10 mins to Avg. Visit Duration: 00:06:36...

There is a bounce rate of 37.68% which I will need to investigate.

We are still listed 2nd / 3rd on Google searching for "VR6" and have had over 60,000 search impressions from the UK in the last 7 days.

Pete

The only reason I had to drop out of both this and vw festival is due to money, still getting used to mortgage coming out which takes a big chunk of my money. However should be about time for my annual pay rise so next year I WILL get to a majority of the meets and shows.

I think the other problem is that a lot of the meets etc seem to be quite far south, maybe we could do meets etc dotted around the country a bit more?

Maybe we could start a thread asking people what they'd like to see either be changed or what would get them to come to meets and club stands at shows more?

I mean I've met a few people off here and speak with another almost all the time. So it can't be the fact the club isn't friendly lol most down to earth club I have signed up to. :)

ohhh maaaaaannnn I had a pass for Sunday... :(

Hi mate' date=' if your not planning on using the pass and unable to get a refund from Billing I will refund you from Club Funds - Dont want you being out of pocket!

[/quote']

Thanks for the offer... I was paying on the day so not needed. I do appreciate it though... Thank you