Really have fubard it now...

ha, well today i decided to lengthen the loom.

engine plug ecu etc and now the car wont start.... it cranks n cranks but no fire.....

so i had to chop the ecu plug, and engine loom plug to get the loom through the hole i had cut to hide it in the scuttle pannel...

but i extended the loom etc and plugged it all up but now it just cranks n cranks but nothing.

i have checked all the right color leeds go to the right ones etc and thats all correct...

i then got my multi meter out and checked the engine plug to see if it was all getttin power and again. all the wiries on the engine plug was gettin power.

so, now im stuck... any ideas please?

quick check .... pop a plug out and hold against the engine whilst cranking... you should see a spark... that'll firm that up and you should be able to smell fuel from the hole the plug came out of....

remember to use insulated pliers otherwise you will do the dance of shame as you get electrocuted...

quick check .... pop a plug out and hold against the engine whilst cranking... you should see a spark... that'll firm that up and you should be able to smell fuel from the hole the plug came out of....

remember to use insulated pliers otherwise you will do the dance of shame as you get electrocuted..

it only tickles.. :)

sounds like you have a wire in the wrong place, lengthening a loom will cause no ill effects providing all joints are sound,each cable goes to the right terminal, and all earths and lives are in the right place. i lengthened the loom on mine when i did the conversion, took a while but if you take it slow and double check each connection its easy :) double check your fuel pump is priming by sticking your head next to the fuel pump while someone flicks the ignition on, then do as stated above, check for spark .

sounds like you have a wire in the wrong place' date=' lengthening a loom will cause no ill effects providing all joints are sound,each cable goes to the right terminal, and all earths and lives are in the right place. i lengthened the loom on mine when i did the conversion, took a while but if you take it slow and double check each connection its easy :) double check your fuel pump is priming by sticking your head next to the fuel pump while someone flicks the ignition on, then do as stated above, check for spark .

[/quote']

This is what's making me think maybe I have put the wrong fcolour together... Fir example there was 3 brown and black wires!!!!

So now I'm after an ODB1 wiring loom if there is one for sale??

Done lol.

Problem is, I cut the ecru loom and engine plug loom the same time. And had a fewvsets of 2 wires everywhere blue red black green etc. Could proberbly be a simple fix, but I think it would be easier to just get a new loom and do it 1x1

Plus just found out my engine is a AAA so I bet knowin my luck them looms are like hens teeth!!

ok buddy thats cool.

Also, after extending my loom i had to cut the crank sensor and knock sensor, after some serious reading, have later found out that this could also be causing a problem.... if the ECU senses that the engine isnt cranking then why sould it make the sparks spark....

so possibly worth a volt meter check tomorrow to see if there getting the correct voltage.... as all this could be down to them not being done correctly!