HTC Sensation

I currently use the iphone 3g yes you read it right 3g not 3gs, well the phone is now playing up in that I can only talk to people via a bluetooth headset, I can get the phone repaired, but at £60-£70 is it really worth it, especially as I can upgrade in December.

Now I'm thinking of switching from Apples iphone to a HTC handset ( I used to have a Touch Diamond which was great except the battery life was crap), Namely the sensation, I would like the EVO 3D but don't want to pay for it, but I want to know if anyone has the Sensation, what it's like and how easy are the apps to get and variety compared to the iphone?

So just a bit of info then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend has the sensation and its a great phone. I also have HTC but will be upgrading to the iphone 4s next month. Android works well but most of the apps realeased these days are perfected for the iphone and i now feel converted to the iphones.

I have a sensation XE beats audio, comes with a swanky set of red headphones that are £150 quid for some reason.. brilliant phone, and even after 2 weeks I'm finding things out every day.

Only bad things I have to say is texting takes a while to get used to, I'm forever putting a full stop instead of a space, and the battery life isn't brilliant.

I'd recommend it to anyone, and have to say a bit more grown up that the iPhone, but that's just my opinion.

Samsung Galaxy S for me pees all over the iphone inmo :)

Which one? the 4 or the 4s????? read a review of the Galaxy s up against the Sensation, and it was too close to call. Only problem is unless you pay £30 a month or more, you get charged £99 for the handset, but Sensation is free???!!!!

I have a sensation XE beats audio' date=' comes with a swanky set of red headphones that are £150 quid for some reason.. brilliant phone, and even after 2 weeks I'm finding things out every day.

Only bad things I have to say is texting takes a while to get used to, I'm forever putting a full stop instead of a space, and the battery life isn't brilliant.

I'd recommend it to anyone, and have to say a bit more grown up that the iPhone, but that's just my opinion.

[/quote']

Whats the difference between the normal and XE? If you don't mind me asking, what network and how much???

I have a sensation XE beats audio' date=' comes with a swanky set of red headphones that are £150 quid for some reason.. brilliant phone, and even after 2 weeks I'm finding things out every day.

[/quote']

Whats the difference between the normal and XE? If you don't mind me asking, what network and how much???

Xe has a slightly faster processor, beat audio software and free beats audio headphones. Also has swanky red lining around the phone.

Samsung Galaxy S for me pees all over the iphone inmo :)

Which one? the 4 or the 4s????? read a review of the Galaxy s up against the Sensation' date=' and it was too close to call. Only problem is unless you pay £30 a month or more, you get charged £99 for the handset, but Sensation is free???!!!!

[/quote']

the 4 mate, I got mine for free and am paying £25 a month on O2 - have a look on here mate for some great reviews http://www.gsmarena.com/

[/quote']

Xe has a slightly faster processor, beat audio software and free beats audio headphones. Also has swanky red lining around the phone.

Yep pretty much it. It's a 1.5ghz dual core processor instead of 1.2, also standard card it comes with is 16gb instead of 8. Few other little things but nothing major.

I'm actually on O2, it's 36 quid a month for unlimited texts and calls and unlimited Internet (500mb) orange is 2 quid cheaper, and vodafone is 1 quid cheaper for the same package.]

to be fair the 4s, Galaxy S2 and Sensation are near ernough the same phones (even more so the S2 and Sensation) - it then becomes personal preference, i have the Sensation and love it to bits, had it since the release date and still finding new things, it is so customisable and i have only paiud for 1 app since having it, i have downloaded over 100 since having it and they have ll been, even the one i paid for was only 59p. Google maps speaks for itself really and comes free on the phone too. i dont hate or love the iPhone i just find it is a phone to suit the masses, out the box ready whether you are technically minded or not, the Android based phones can take a while to setup to exactly how you want it biuit that is why i love it though as my mate has exactly the same phone yet they are completely different with how we set them up - personal preference for you.

I was comparing my N8 against my mates iphone 4 a few weeks ago and l have no idea why people think that iphone is so great and leaps and bounds ahead of other smart phones, cos well its just not lol

Don’t get me wrong although l am not a fan of the iphone it was an innovation when the very first one came out in 2007 but not anymore. That new talking app thing on the 4s, Siri is it? is pretty cool but other then that its just another smart phone.

I am yet to see anything that puts it above all other smart phones other then people love it cos its an iphone?

I wont be upgrading to one when my contract is done, but l still have 10 months so will see what happens between now and then lol

I did however really want an ipad 2, until this weekend when l got to play with the one my mate has just got and yeah it was cool but l can get a better laptop that allows me to do more for less Which was a bit disappointing :( lol

alot of iPhone users have not really ever used used or had another smart phone in my experience so they base their knowledge on simply whaty they know of it. Like you say at the moment the new 4s has only just brought it upto the same standard as the S2 and Sensation, Siri is a gimic and will no doubt be barely used by 75% of the 4s owners after a couple of months. The iPhone does what it needs to do and will always keeep its market (mainly due to the fact that everyone who has one paid money for alot of apps and if they swap to Anroid they lose a lot of apps/money! clever way to keep people with the brand really.