HTC Sensation

to be fair the 4s' date=' Galaxy S2 and Sensation are near ernough the same phones (even more so the S2 and Sensation) - it then becomes personal preference, i have the Sensation and love it to bits, had it since the release date and still finding new things, it is so customisable and i have only paiud for 1 app since having it, i have downloaded over 100 since having it and they have ll been, even the one i paid for was only 59p. Google maps speaks for itself really and comes free on the phone too. i dont hate or love the iPhone i just find it is a phone to suit the masses, out the box ready whether you are technically minded or not, the Android based phones can take a while to setup to exactly how you want it biuit that is why i love it though as my mate has exactly the same phone yet they are completely different with how we set them up - personal preference for you.

[/quote']

Very good point.. I bought my Mrs an iPad 2 for her birthday back in March when they'd only been out a week, and brilliant piece of kit, but most apps you pay for, and the lite free versions aren't much good. Also the apps on android are cheaper, only seen to be 1.29 top whack for a lot if stuff, yet iPad apps starts at that

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be fair the 4s' date=' Galaxy S2 and Sensation are near ernough the same phones (even more so the S2 and Sensation) - it then becomes personal preference, i have the Sensation and love it to bits, had it since the release date and still finding new things, it is so customisable and i have only paiud for 1 app since having it, i have downloaded over 100 since having it and they have ll been, even the one i paid for was only 59p. Google maps speaks for itself really and comes free on the phone too. i dont hate or love the iPhone i just find it is a phone to suit the masses, out the box ready whether you are technically minded or not, the Android based phones can take a while to setup to exactly how you want it biuit that is why i love it though as my mate has exactly the same phone yet they are completely different with how we set them up - personal preference for you.

[/quote']

Very good point.. I bought my Mrs an iPad 2 for her birthday back in March when they'd only been out a week, and brilliant piece of kit, but most apps you pay for, and the lite free versions aren't much good. Also the apps on android are cheaper, only seen to be 1.29 top whack for a lot if stuff, yet iPad apps starts at that

If you're on a 3GS and wanted an iPhone again you'd be best to wait for the 5 no doubt next year, the 4 would be a big upgrade from 3GS even though, id steer from the 4s as it's really just a mid life spec refresh. Siri really is a gimmick, i don't even think it works fully anywhere but America either, ie directory searches and the like.

The sensation is quite good my brother has one, but it really is massive! Where the iPhone sized phones can be operated single handed some of these monsters need 2 for some things.

The reason android phones are cheaper is because so much more o them are made by so many manufacturers, plus with the latest ice cream sandwich or whatever theyre calling the latest OS coming out there will likely shortly be a whole new range of android phones so they will be cutting the costs to move on current stock

Blackberry.....

Non functioning you forgot to add there

fully functioning..... :P

well the bits I know how to use anyway.....

Problem with blackberry is they charge for pretty much anything and everything....so I'm told.

I have used android and windows mobile phones, had a Sony Experia X1 until my son lost it at Santa pod, Got a Samsung Jet that my wife uses. Had a look at the HTC Titan today....now that IS a big mobile??!! phone, and it's not android, it's windows 7.5?? I'm edging towards a sensation, but fancy the XE for the extra OOMPH!! also been having a look at the HTC EVO 3D.......gimicky but interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been charged for anything out of my plan thus far, but I'm quite new to BB's I like mine cos it's pretty ;) and I can chat to my friends on BBM.... and call without it cutting out like my old phone did....

my screen don't break easily... and you can start a riot well easily innit.... ;)

Personally wait for the windows phones around xmas time or try the Nokia;s the N8 or the X7 or even the Nokia 700 due out next week... Iphones are sexy and very tactile but thats it other phones are better faster and more reliable ...

Problem with blackberry is they charge for pretty much anything and everything....so I'm told.

I have used android and windows mobile phones' date=' had a Sony Experia X1 until my son lost it at Santa pod, Got a Samsung Jet that my wife uses. Had a look at the HTC Titan today....now that IS a big mobile??!! phone, and it's not android, it's windows 7.5?? I'm edging towards a sensation, but fancy the XE for the extra OOMPH!! also been having a look at the HTC EVO 3D.......gimicky but interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

before looking at a 3d phone id go to a game or toys r us or whatever and have a go on a 3ds, cos youll have to put up with the screen effect for a long time if you get a 3d phone

I think my iphone 3g is dying........... rapidly......today for some unknown reason, it decided there was no service, so I missed 3 calls from the workshop who's got my car, and a call from my wife saying she was gonna be late picking me up (nothing new there then!!!!!). This is on top of the microphone not working so I can only talk to people via bluetooth, problem with this is I drive a van for work, and it's very loud so I can't here people and they can't hear me!!!!!!!!! Also the phone keeps freezing, and yes it is fully up to date with software etc!!!!!

I'm due an upgrade on the 22nd December so I decided to go into Cash Generator and splash (!!!!) out on a ...............

wait for it.......

here it comes.......

An LG KP500 or cookie to the commoner........

It'll have to do for 2 months.... was a huge £29.99 with 28 day guarantee!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a personal perspective on this..

Why do i have to be limited to the iPhone?? by that Android is open format and it is very easy to simply copy a file over rather than it neededing to be in the correct format or at iphone prices...

mp files use more memory than wmv for a very basic example...

I have the sensation and am very happy with it. the only thing you need to do is have a gmail email account to purchase some apps. after that free access to all environments..

everyone i know with an iphone or ipod or... yup they are all into the iweb site and work much better with macs... but they all are less quality then the other products out there.. such as if you listen to the sound quality of a sony device vs a ipod you'll know what i mean..

lifestyle over quality i think sums it up for me..

njoy which ever way you go..

basically it allows full write access to the ios file system, same with rooting android, it allows root access.

with this comes the freedom to alter, customise and tweak anything you like.

on iphone this would be done through cydia, which is the app store for system tweaks and hacks

on android the market has them as anyone can upload anything to market

Surely this is only something that a confident programmer should do then' date=' not someone who just uses the phone for talk/text/ebay and watching this forum????

What benefit would I have by rooting/breaking my phone??

[/quote']

theres a lot of easy how tos on the web, use z4root to root it. It allows you to remove otherwise uninstallable apps like fb and twitter