• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work ash' date=' ;)

engine swop looks a nightmare to a novice lol, :S

paint work looks sweat, ;)

[/quote']

To be fair mate, this is my 2nd conversion I've only done it actually isn't that bad bro...

Most things are plug n play!!

Can't believe I turned the key n up she fired wooooooo

got loads done today, stoked,

put all the remaining wires together, fitted the brakes back, bolted the clutch assembly together steering rack u join....

also the rear wheel bearings turned up, so fitted them intop my new discs and got them fitted along with the rear coilovers.....

also got the old exhaust off the mk3 and swapped o ver to the cabrio... fitted all the wheels... and she's finally sitting on wheels...

tomorrow is a simple case of bleeding the whole system, brakes, clutch, PAS and coolant.

also bought 5L of oil and an oil filter going to be doin a full engine oil change so it's nice n healthy for when it's being "run in"

random pics.....

new disc n wheels bearing

IMG-20111107-00474.jpg

fitted:

IMG-20111107-00475.jpg

coil overs n new discs on

IMG-20111107-00477.jpg

old exhaust from the vr ready to go on the cabby....

IMG-20111107-00476.jpg

the finished product.....

IMG-20111107-00478.jpg

well this is the firt one:

IMG-20111108-00480.jpg

but i have exactly the same on on the other side..... possibly thinking ABS but there is no where for it to plug into....

also this one below the header tank...

IMG-20111108-00481.jpg

also, i can't find the pulg for the lamba sensor to go into.... think the lamba sensor plugs may be different....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

Exhaust off the donar VR fitted... looks and sounds perfect!!!!

IMG-20111108-00483.jpg

Also off the donar VR is this factory fitted extra..... stoooooooooooooooopiedly rare.... fitted that too but batt died on my phone before i got a pic of it all fitted....

IMG-20111108-00485.jpg

and my new momo steering wheel..... happy days:)

IMG-20111108-00484.jpg

well this is the firt one:

IMG-20111108-00480.jpg

but i have exactly the same on on the other side..... possibly thinking ABS but there is no where for it to plug into....

also this one below the header tank...

IMG-20111108-00481.jpg

also' date=' i can't find the pulg for the lamba sensor to go into.... think the lamba sensor plugs may be different....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lol

[/quote']

anyone got any ideas on what the plugs are... am i right in thinking ABS seein as my abs and airbag light are on in the dash?

Yeah the speed and rev counter read slightly out with the 140 ones in. Dead easy to change. 5 min job. Pop the vents out on either side and youll see the screws holding the clock surround/facia in. Take that out and the clocks tilt forward and pull out. Youll see what i mean when you look at it. Just 1 plug on the back.