Stainless Steel Crack pipe

Right after some information and hope someone can help. I work in a factory that produces stainless steel tubing and am thinking of making up some crack pipes. What im after is the dimensions of the crack pipe. does anyone have the dimensions if not i may have to buy one so i can measure it up.

Cheers in advance for any replies.

Hi Dazza' date='

I teach mechanical engineering at the local college and have access to lathes, milling machines and welding equipment, if you needed any help with any of this please let me know.

[/quote']

May take you up on this mate as i will be needing someone to mill out the slots for the o rings to sit in plus tig the drain plug and hose connector to the main part. Was going to get a local company to do the work but depending on how much they would charge me.

Cheers For the info.

When you get the plastic one could you take some measurements with a vernier calliper or a micrometer and send them to me so that i can produce a cad drawing to make ease of manufacture.

I know its stainless your planning on using but i also have a heat treatment forge which could help with the rust proofing (same as a gun barrel) this would also make the pipe less ma-liable and make it a bit tougher

Yea i will measure it up in work. As for the heat treatment it shouldnt need it as most of the tubing we supply is for medical use or for aircraft so it should be fine as most of it is annealed and put through a pickle shop and passivated but it just depends what material i come across. Either way i will let you know. We have all the machinery in work to do it all but as its always being used theres no way i will be able convince the maintenence crew to let me do my own personal work.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely this would come under the same copyright bs you stopped the other thread for?

whose copyright are you referring to Chris? this is for the OEM VR6 crackpipe (there are many copies of this - gruvenparts for example) and previous thread afaik was about buying one of our Authorised Traders modification parts and reproducing it?