Bungy's 4motion turbo in progress

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Well with a profiling machine at my disposal and able to cut 20mm thick stainless steel plate, I've had 2 plates cut ready for machining. I have spare manifolds supplied by Tony (thank you) and a project is now in progress. I will be making 2 different designs and the program's used on the cnc machines kept (in case they are any good). Just need to see when to pull the engine out and ask nicely for some help.

• 1 month later...

e92778fa.jpg

Part way through the strip down and everything is going quite well. It was worth the extra effort of copper greasing everything last time. All the exhaust manifold bolts loosened first attempt. How rare is that?

Well I've started getting parts together and already begun making my manifold although I think it will take me a while. Jake has lent me his TIG set and Paul has given me moral and technical support. I'm not saying this will be a work of art but I really enjoy making stuff so here we go.

9751c485.jpg

I bought 3 stainless 180's from Jetex and a turbo flange off the bay, the manifold flanges I had CNC'd at work.

30e1238f.jpg

The block of wood is just an easy way for me to get the cuts positioned and sized before tacking in place.

30e1238f.jpg

Only a couple of hours spent this afternoon and the easy side of the manifold is shaping up. I think the turbo will be positioned at a 45 degree angle and low enough to use the stock heat shield and inlet manifold.

c2c4de83.jpg

I'll be continuing tomorrow and will need to set up the welder to start tacking before some of the more complicated angles need doing.