Gran Turismo 5

soooo how is it ??? worth getting

it's growing on me. Now I've unlocked the Nordschlief. However it does look they have simply used the old model of the track with added shadows - which don't work well making silver cars look galvansised - as it doesn't have the new sound proofing around Adenau bridge.

Disconnecting the PS3 from the network has speeded up the menus and inter race times. And some basic mods to my MK5 GTi has made it nippy and the races as good as Grid. Still to see any damage effects and the sound is a bit weak.

Would prefer an option to disable a whole genre of music rather than going through track by track.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this....

Heavy traffic blamed for GT5 troubles

It’s bad enough that Gran Turismo 5 takes five years to arrive and then makes you wait for up to (and over) a minute every time a new track loads up. Now “extreme traffic congestion†is causing problems for online gamers – single players too, by all accounts.

In short, GT5 has been a runaway success – bigger, perhaps, than even Sony had bargained for. As such, the current server capacity is unable to keep pace with the surging demand for multiplayer races and other online components. Many players are now reporting delays of several minutes when trying to connect.

Unusually, this is affecting single players too, for the simple reason that GT5 goes online to update a number of community features, gameplay menus and various screen displays in ‘GT Mode’.

Needless to say that Sony is very sorry about all of this, and is currently working hard to get things running smoothly once again. The short-term solution is more stark – it’s recommended that you disconnect your PS3 from the internet while playing GT5. In the meantime Sony has also restricted access to the viewing of logs and, in some cases, user profiles and friends lists to help ease congestion.

It’s hardly an ideal start for what is otherwise a brilliant game, is it? But Gran Turismo 5 has the power to sell consoles, as well as millions of copies, so we don’t doubt that the problems will be resolved in double-quick time

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com...-troubles.html

About the power to sell, plays top selling item at the moment is GT5, not game, item that they sell. oh and i took the hmv one back and got a refund woo.

Comparing this game to prologue, prologue was absolute dogsh!t, this game is so much better, ive only done a few of the actual career races so far and have been mainly doing the special events, only on level 10, but i am enjoying it a lot more than prologue. If i had played this game on someone elses PS3 i think i would get a PS3 and a copy i cant put it down

how far has everyone got then? ive done all the special events i can do to level 15, got all gold in beginner, got an R32 skyline GTR n1, and amateur, got an alfa 8C competizione, and just won the pro gran turismo world championship series, you get a veyron fro winning that. Any one else found the nascar challenges near impossible, took me like all night to get all golds on the intermediates

im not far of level 21 now, and online has been fine for me since the update,its easy to find friends online too,just go on communiyty click on them and if they are online it will have a little orange/yellow circle near lounge,click on the orange/yellow thing and it will take you straight to them!,(thats just a tip because it took me yonks to figure that out,lol) also i did have a PROBLEM i sent my mk5 gti to a mate and it said "upload failed" then i no longer had the car and niether did he! so thats gone i am guessing, not really gonna use that option again till i know its sorted,and yes the nascar challenges are hard at first due to the weight of the car, you just need to steer it smoothly.impossible if u dont use the analog stick in my opinion,lol i was however disapointed that i cant put some nice wheels on my mk1 golf :( but overall i still love the game, the veyron,lambo sv,etc more than make up for them hick-ups

havent done the grand tours yet, ive looked and they look pretty good, everyone says the top gear elise event is rock hard but i managed it no probs, spent today doing the beginner and intermediate rally events, went old school with an 82 audi quattro.

Im finding the AMG drivers school super hard to achieve golds on, all just into silver times apart from the first beginner one. nurburgring is tres difficult

you only get an elise lol

i got an 03 impreza works rally for intermediate and a focus RS for beginner, what you get?

Im aiming for the gold standard PSN trophy, which requires gold in all licenses and special events, gonna be a long time before i get that i bet