Some VRT q's

So I've finally pulled my finger out and decided to get cracking buying bits for my VRT build. The car didn't sell and it was what I always wanted to do, so...

I've already got a wastegate and manifold. I'm going for a Holset HX35 turbo which I should get next payday.

United Motorsports have been incredibly helpful so far and I've decided I'm going to run their software, the 42lb injectors as they recommended and the bigger MAF housing.

So I've got a few Q's left I hope some people can help.

United Motorsports recommended using an Apexi boost controller, now it looks a damn sexy bit of kit, but it's also got a lovely price tag, is there anything a little bit cheaper which does the job?

Fuel pump, what do I need and where do I buy it from?

Intercooler and pipework, any off the shelf kits available? Or is it going to be a mix and match job?

Head spacer, what thickness is recommended, as I'm going to be on stock internals, I doubt it's going to see the scary side of 400bhp as I'd like to keep a level of reliability.

Any help much appreciated.

Liam

I use a gizmo boost controller works really well I think they sell them on eBay for £200 which is half the price of the apexi one. As for head spacer c2 motorsports do a 8.5 to 1 spacer that works a treat on mine. As for pipework it's just a case of buy a appropriate size intercooler for your power goal then a few bits of pipe and mock it all up. Bahn

8.5:1 headspacer are not 2mm. Its 3mm.

3mm spacer is a good thing if you are going over 1.2 bar isch...

UnitedMotorsport 42# software with 95mm maf housing is a perfect setup, that will bring around 400whp @ 1.4bar/20psi with that HX turbo :)

Your clutch and diffrential willl love this setup :)

Good luck anyway, and remember to get a big enought exhaust housing on that HX35 !

fair point. I'm most worried about the gearbox and shafts shitting themselves.

beginning to think I may not have gone big enough with the wastegate, is 38mm big enough?

thanks for the help guys. i'm not the most mechanically minded person in the world but trying to learn as i go along. :)