chilli red vr6....posted on edition but no1 gave a f**k

nice motor mate' date='that matrix looked a bugger!

[/quote']

Thanks chap...It wasnt too bad i done it in the large quiet loading bay of halfords so i had all the tools and parts i needed an arms length away......although only basic tools are really required..

yeh it just sounds a pain due to all the stuff that has too come out for the sake of that part,lol,keep up the good work :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

UPDATES!!!

seeing as its winter i been busy with interior.....(Letting it run and having the heating on blast as I work)

so ive been a busy boy....

Always wanted the raised highline console but with my interior being grey/beige its not possible...so i trawled US Ebay.com and found this crazyness.

Library pics.

armrest.jpg

armrest2.jpg

armrest3.jpg

the actual item

armrest4.jpg

I then realised that the original handbrake gaiter will be invalid as it only looks right with the lowline flat/boring console. Knowing that a highline leather gaiter is a straight fit I went to my friends highline that he wrote off a few years ago and got busy with the craft knife... leaving me with this...

3abe665a.jpg

6124fe81.jpg

Then I stripped original one my car...

38ace901.jpg

detached the rubber crap...

cfb728ff.jpg

I then laid out my original and the highline gaiter to show where they need to meet and be extended...

327ebd11.jpg

Then let b-trim in enfield work the magic on the items...

a day later i got a phonecall saying its ready....

b819274c.jpg

8e37be5f.jpg

very happy with the quality and match to my original interior...

cf94397f.jpg

Comparisons

ef2d9407.jpg

e10df0d7.jpg

:D enjoy...

Oh and also bought this

205e7fb9.jpg

7ce060f7.jpg

A US spec door lock switch...

It's from America so with shipping and import and all that crap it cost about 30, but baasically because for some strange reason you can't send a signal to the central locking pump when the car is running meant it was pretty useless unless the car is off. I then noticed that when you manually push the pin down it's works and locks the doors. By adding a two wire door solenoid I can replicate this and have it wired to the button

2wire.jpg

I then activated the door unlock function when you switch the car off via the autowatch alarm....

And it all works a treat!!!