chilli red vr6....posted on edition but no1 gave a f**k

Got fed up with my 1.6 mk4 breaking down everytime I turned the key.....so I started the search for a vr and discovered this.... Soon to find that a friend was selling it I couldn't turn down the 800 notes that he wanted for it! The mintness and the leathers were enough to win me. Soooo

924b991d.jpg

8b0f507a.jpg

after a wash n a cruise with a friends mulberry I knew I had caught a winner......

But my luck had the better of me when the gearbox blew a hole in the side throwing reverse gear through the bell housing and bending the torque converter

f045bec3.jpg

so here it is, awaiting completion... Not too pissed coz this was an opportunity to swap that auto poop for a place to put my left foot!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One day i thought id put out the indicators and fogs for no reason.

95c5ff5f.jpg

48c70598.jpg

Then had a lightbulb moment and got brave with a knife.

231204f4.jpg

fdb36a9e.jpg

f1764601.jpg

Then the work began.

48b4af4d.jpg

b4aa6968.jpg

6fab73e1.jpg

Test paint.

1a560ace.jpg

48d2a6e4.jpg

Filled and Sanded.

1f1d32b0.jpg

Primer.

0c622b76.jpg

c7ccecd9.jpg

Painted and fitted.

5b3b27dc.jpg

032d53fd.jpg

Headlights.

Basically rammed the projectors from the fogs into a set of mk4 style lamps....works well with my xenons beams are cut perfect like `-----`-----

adaa3af6.jpg

27fc46fb.jpg

Back (soon to be resprayed).

6caa8193.jpg

Then....Disaster....the heater matrix went, night driving with the windows up was a nightmare. So after 7 hours of unscrewing swearing and general knuckle grazing, I slowly got the dash looking like this....

b51b4910.jpg

61be56c1.jpg

54f0d76c.jpg

5e8ba0b6.jpg

All for this little fliper.

2e6cc64d.jpg

Thats it for now....not much in modding terms but im getting good at re-doing jobs that vw should of done properly in 1996!

looks great love that colour' date=' good work!

and... lol at the title... what do you expect.... ;-)

welcome :-)

[/quote']

Thanks mate, if you don't have wide split wheels on there you don't get noticed for the more subtle mods that made a massive difference to mine