Dans vr6 turbo build thread UPDATE NOW FOR SALE,check car for sale section

[blockquote]Do you know that your downpipe ain't going to work with that manifold as the turbo sits much lower on the spa manifold than the ATP so you will have to cut it down and modify it.[/blockquote]

as mr potter said done that already,all that needs doing on the exhaust side is my wastegate to downpipe link

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

[blockquote]dman-vrt wrote ...

has anyone heard of HRC Racing

Did you go ahead with this pump and what was it like to fit? Looking for something like this myself.

How's the whole project coming along, are you waiting on any parts still? [/blockquote]

yeah got the pump but haven't fitted it yet,been a bit lazy as its cold out there but got my oil cooler sandwich plate on so now its just get the oil and boost pipes plumbed,short runner mani on,turbo return oil line tapped into sump,fuel pump,gauges wired up then final check and crank it to get oil pressure,the try and fire it up,obviously i'll enlist someone who knows about a vrt,jim potter cough cough

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

havent updated in ages,well the build still continues and should be up and running for april the 3rd,hoping to go to santa pod,good drive up there should run it in a bit,thinking of getting this brake upgradehttp://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=ECS&category=brake&product=Stage1Front&make=VW&model=Golf%20Mk%204

is it worth about 4 times the price it takes to put 312mm discs on though?

you would still be using the stock caliper so you wouldnt be gaining any caliper pressure like you would with a small diameter 4 pot setup, youd only be gaining braking surface diameter force, and only 10mm more than a much cheaper run of the mill 312mm setup

right so an update,coilovers fitted along with 312mm brake set up and red stuff pads,6 braided brake lines,2.75" exhaust with twin upswept tailpipes fitted,boost pipes plumped,intercooler and front oil cooler fitted,turbo oil lines fitted,now i need to fit brake vacuum pipe,couple of sensors,wire up slim line fans,sort out the gauges and heat wrap my downpipe,thats all i can remember for now

• 2 weeks later...