Dans vr6 turbo build thread UPDATE NOW FOR SALE,check car for sale section

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[blockquote]Looks good mate! How much power do you think you will get? Are you going to get it mapped as well?[/blockquote]

well i've been told i could hit 400hp but i'll be more than happy with 350hp as i havent upgraded the bottom end so gotta take it easy,looking at stealths kit they say stock internals and gearbox are safe at 360 so fingers crossed

[blockquote]you can still use the atp and flip the turbo like you said so the inlet is on the passenger side. atp do a reacharound d/p which fits RHD cars very well

is your spa mani genuine or repro?[/blockquote]

seen the atp downpipe and already tried turning turbo around,my throttle body hits on the cold side housing plus i dont like the idea of my downpipe being close to my brake cylinder,mani is coming from a spa dealer with lifetime warranty.

sorry should have explained it better. you literally flip the turbo upsie down, so the cold side is on the passenger side

youve seen Dougies thread?

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?241880.90

i had a chat to him and he said the atp reach around clears everything no problems.

he does however use a brake fluid relocation kit from a clio V6 so he doesnt have troubles with the fluid boiling being near the hotside. by all accounts thats pretty easy to do

either way, if youre gonna use a genuine spa thats the best way, just means youll need a custom d/p instead of off the shelf

if you read kevhaywires turbo diy, in the 1st few pages he's got a good shot of the d/p he had made, and says what parts he used from jetex

[blockquote]So that's it then almost up and running? What's the build cost up to now. ?[/blockquote]

yeah i want it running by the end of November definitely,i haven't totalled it up yet but i know i've gone above the £1500 mark but it will be well worth it in the end,thats what i keep telling the wife,lol

[blockquote]Where did u get the down pipe.[/blockquote]

found it on ebay,new never used,suppose to be an atp pipe

[blockquote]This looks very nice are you getting your ecu mapped? I think I'm going to be turboing next year. Do you have a list of parts etc what power are you hoping for?[/blockquote]

yeah gonna get it mapped,got the list in my head could write it out for you if needed,im hoping to get anywhere between 350-380 on reasonable boost,cant wait till its running

• 1 month later...