As I've missed the group buy on the SP's which I was really after I have scoured the net and found these http://froogle.motorsportworld.co.uk/framefix.asp?PID=365582&ProductCode=KC-VR602-Ex at a reasonable price.

Anyone got any reviews on them. I was going to order some SP's direct from the states if not but with shipping works out about £100ish more.

• 2 weeks later...

Top 3 all have a good reputation.

The bottom 2' date=' you chance it.

[/quote']

Are you really chancing it with kent cams??!? reputable cams arent they....or do you mean with the vr6 format, tat they are not really a popular choice so not much feed back!?!?

so where hae we got to on his thread its still confusing,....lol for n/a 26.. ?? :S

• 3 years later...

I fitted sp 263's last year as they were recommended by stealth racing. I was after more mid range pull as the vr is abit lazy building up the revs. I had the same mods as you with bmc and cat back.

After fitting there was a noticable difference from 2800rpm right through the rest of the rev range, whereas 268's tend to kick in quite late so require you to rev the knackers off your engine to get into the powerband... pointless for a road car in my opinion  :wacko: .  The engine is noticably more aggressive, revs up much quicker from 2800rpm and pulls strong right though. However You will need a remap to get any propper benifits out of cams. I had mine done at stealth.... before remap 178 bhp after sp 263's and remap 203 bhp... cant remamber torque figures but it also increased impressively  :D

263'a and a 3.68 final drive is where it's at. Totally changes the characteristics of the engine. Club Chairman

Got this in mine, still think its a little lazy sub 3500k. Adding a schrick in the next few weeks for a little more low down oomph. Had remap @ stealth, cams without tune 195, 203 tuned so it pays to map.

Let us know which way you go and post some RR results.

Steve

Got this in mine, still think its a little lazy sub 3500k. Adding a schrick in the next few weeks for a little more low down oomph. Had remap @ stealth, cams without tune 195, 203 tuned so it pays to map.

Let us know which way you go and post some RR results.

Steve

Really? I do have the. 263's in mine too and find it pulls like a train, you will have let us know how you get on with the Schrick, I loved mine.

Club Chairman

• 7 months later...

I fitted sp 263's last year as they were recommended by stealth racing. I was after more mid range pull as the vr is abit lazy building up the revs. I had the same mods as you with bmc and cat back.

After fitting there was a noticable difference from 2800rpm right through the rest of the rev range, whereas 268's tend to kick in quite late so require you to rev the knackers off your engine to get into the powerband... pointless for a road car in my opinion  :wacko: .  The engine is noticably more aggressive, revs up much quicker from 2800rpm and pulls strong right though. However You will need a remap to get any propper benifits out of cams. I had mine done at stealth.... before remap 178 bhp after sp 263's and remap 203 bhp... cant remamber torque figures but it also increased impressively  :D

Now this is what i have been searching the forum for finally ive found my answer now just one thing did you just fit the 263 cams on there own or did you go with uprated springs etc? i gotta know i want to order some :D

Now this is what i have been searching the forum for finally ive found my answer now just one thing did you just fit the 263 cams on there own or did you go with uprated springs etc? i gotta know i want to order some :D

As advised by Vince at stealth I fitted cams, new hydraulic followers and new cam sersor pickup wheels.. I believe some call them fazer wheels? The standard springs should be ok... They are fantastic cams and good if you decide to go turbo in future.