Absy Mk3 R32 Conversion - FINISHED P23

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no debate. the MK5 R32 engine is NOT FSI - fact.

Tim is amazing! I got the bora booked in for a bit of that!

can't wait to see his weapon matey!

Andy did say yesterday that you'll love it

It's given Tim a headache but he didn't give up and with Andy got it done

So when will we meet again fella :)

Tim is amazing! I got the bora booked in for a bit of that!

can't wait to see his weapon matey!

Andy did say yesterday that you'll love it

It's given Tim a headache but he didn't give up and with Andy got it done

So when will we meet again fella :)

My only definite at the mo is Plymouth as i could literally push it there.

Need to assess the clutch etc and get it running again before i comit to anything else, Inters is on the radar tho :-)

What plans do u have this year ?

what clutch u need gary ??? you still have the 02a box or you 02m now ???

still using 02A, what do you recommend ?

I think the problem was the clutch release plate, it's split on both sides. In hindsight i should've replaced it, but didn't look split before, and i recommend that anybody replacing a clutch should replace the plate as well, we're all getting on now.

I'm also going to replace the pivot pin and spring just in case.

well i have a south bend clutch that i dont need any more only done 800 miles capable of 400 bhp' date=' 6 puk race clutch little heavy but its not like an on off switch quite a nice clutch really can pm you a price if ur interested ???

[/quote']

Go on then lol

what clutch u need gary ??? you still have the 02a box or you 02m now ???

still using 02A' date=' what do you recommend ?

I think the problem was the clutch release plate, it's split on both sides. In hindsight i should've replaced it, but didn't look split before, and i recommend that anybody replacing a clutch should replace the plate as well, we're all getting on now.

I'm also going to replace the pivot pin and spring just in case.

[/quote']

Clutch Release Lever = £10 from VW ......... peanuts and a worthwhile upgrade whilst your down there

• 1 month later...

Dude that is one sweeeeeeeeet project' date=', getting the power down must be fun! considered a lsd differential?

[/quote']

LOL took it to PVF and there were a few of the usual suspects on a mission to get me to spend more dollars. LSD would probably be nice but the piggy bank is empty. Getting power down can be fun but it also can be embarrasing round town with the very sensitive throttle, looking forward to letting u guys see it in the flesh. Was hoping to post some new pics at the show but forgot the camera battery.Thanks for the comment ;)

You lie about thanks for the comment' date=', you told me to fuck off when i mention a diff at pvf!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote']

I'll try again,

ur a jolly nice fella Matt and i respect all ur advice lol

hopefully this will get through the censors ;-)

ROFL

see this is dedication signing up to a forum just to make a comment

I'm impressed and value ur admiration for the VR but don't touch with any part of ur anatomy mate, although I'm happy for u to see how high up a tree u can get with the xbox controller

I will be spraying my wings with contact adhesive at bristol to catch any late night visitors trying to repeat the JK violation last year. JK has ur sack prints on file ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Slight update

Brand new RH Hella Celis arrived from Germany in perfect condition £121 bargain :-) All fitted' date=' looks good

Spent a day at [b']Storm Developments yesterday

Very steady 3.5 hour drive up and a very spirited drive back down the A303 cough cough

Mapping on the ECU was a bog standard Mk4 and not suitable for Mk5 engine. Fueling was way out, running extremely lean and power delivery unpredictable.

After many lively runs the fueling is now spot on and it drives superbly. Slightly holds back at 3k & 4k in 2nd and reluctant to rev to 7200rpm OMG because of a Cam Correlation Error but the guys are working hard to track this down and snip it out of the map so that it will run to its full potential.

Really impressed with Andy & Tim they certainly know there stuff, listened to what i've done to date, the issues i've encountered and fully understood the configuration i'm running.

Hopefully next week it will fully sorted and running to its full potential, 7k gear changes 'Appy Dayz :-) :-)

Is that Storm Developments next to Reading mate? They are awesome. Use to get a lot of work done their when I worked in reading with my Leon Cupra

top notch service

Slight update

Brand new RH Hella Celis arrived from Germany in perfect condition £121 bargain :-) All fitted' date=' looks good

Spent a day at [b']Storm Developments yesterday

Very steady 3.5 hour drive up and a very spirited drive back down the A303 cough cough

Mapping on the ECU was a bog standard Mk4 and not suitable for Mk5 engine. Fueling was way out, running extremely lean and power delivery unpredictable.

After many lively runs the fueling is now spot on and it drives superbly. Slightly holds back at 3k & 4k in 2nd and reluctant to rev to 7200rpm OMG because of a Cam Correlation Error but the guys are working hard to track this down and snip it out of the map so that it will run to its full potential.

Really impressed with Andy & Tim they certainly know there stuff, listened to what i've done to date, the issues i've encountered and fully understood the configuration i'm running.

Hopefully next week it will fully sorted and running to its full potential, 7k gear changes 'Appy Dayz :-) :-)

Is that Storm Developments next to Reading mate? They are awesome. Use to get a lot of work done their when I worked in reading with my Leon Cupra

top notch service

Yes it is http://www.stormdevelopments.co.uk/

• 3 weeks later...