Absy Mk3 R32 Conversion - FINISHED P23

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no debate. the MK5 R32 engine is NOT FSI - fact.

Daunting tasks ahead but plucked up courage, hopefully it will all go back together :S

Dash fully out

Fuse box disconnected

Master cylinder and Brake booster removed

Wiring Loom out and bagged up

Just got to take the remaining wires off the R32 engine tomorrow and it will all be posted

VR6 Looms + R32 Mk5 bits of looms + Fourmotion looms + bit of magic = Hybrid Loom, 'Appy Dayz

About time i posted an update.

The FourMotion bracket worked a treat for my VR6 power steering pump fitted with Mk4 pulley, VR6 aircon pump, Mk4 Tensioner, Mk5 R32 Alternator (140 amp :-) ) and Mk4 belt.

Had a play around with the induction, think it looks ok, ordered some bits which should make it look better :-) Carbon canister was that side but now removed. Battery removed probably fit on opposite chassis leg which will mean smaller battery and battery box :-(

Pic shows Mk5 fuel rail, just realised forgot to fit Mk4 but that won't take long.

VR6 Samcos fit well, using Mk5 Crack pipe (Gruven replacement ordered :-) ) and VR6 Thermostat Housing. Heater Matrix to Cylinder Head hose need shortening, hoses that normally go to throttle body will be blanked. Need to work out fixings for Auxilary Water Pump.

Engine is just sat there with gearbox at the moment as a first fix. Got a new Sachs clutch from GSF to go in :-)

Front engine mount has been butchered, sorry modified. Need to get it welded up and then i'll post a pic for all those thinking of going this route.

downpipes ordered with built in flexi's, so will be using 1x Lambda Sensor

Will be blanking off the Secondary Air Injection, that got rid of a load of crap.

Erm what else ?? Oh we've got a new member of the family which has slowed things down a bit, see other post :-) http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?406797

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2161.jpg

IMG_2160.jpg

Cheers everbody, it is a quality built engine and will look right when finished. It's such a shame the air intake is on the wrong side. I have considered different intakes, charging, turbo etc but that would defeat the object, the challenge is making it fit and look almost standard ;-) it might have a little bling and a few dog hairs again ;-)

Cant even say get a LHD manifold as they are all the same

I've looked its rubbish, most move battery to boot, not an option for me, i still got a spare wheel fitted and it's staying

Intake looks ok and will hide the messy bits, battery relocation hopefully will fit and cover the other messy bits.

Not going the smoothed route as i think that goes against the challenge

I've looked its rubbish' date=' most move battery to boot, not an option for me, i still got a spare wheel fitted and it's staying

[/quote']

surely you could relocate the battery to the opposite side to the power steering pump mate ? and then fit your battery cover over it ?

Nah i got a big one ;-) and it don't fit

Chassis legs are the same but the battery overspills, its very tight to pulleys on the drivers side