hi looking at the stats for a 7 vr6 golf it states that the mpg is 28 the same as my 8 wrx , surely the turbo must be more thirsty. has anyone had both to compare . also does a remap give better mpg as well as more power like it does on the impreza , does the vr6 use normal unleaded or v-power cheers j

round town you will get around 24-26 on a motorway run 30-34... And if you have a heavy right foot then anything less than 20. It depends on how you use it, they aren't greatly economical but that's not why we own them, lol. You can use either types of fuel, but personally i never noticed a massive difference between the 2 so stick to normal unleaded. Hope that helps.

thanks peaple , i am going to test drive one tomo just trying to make my mind up on a few things like running costs (hoped it would have been cheaper than the scoob) and reliability (should better than the scoob) just hope i dontmiss the boost j

I wouldn't trust the MFA display. I work mine out by the tank. As long as I get 240 miles to a tank I'm happy

mine seems fairly accurate, if a "notch" on the fuel tank is a gallon then it definitely is there or thereabouts.

I've seen anywhere from 200-300 miles to tank, like any car it's totally dependant on your driving style. OBD2's seem a bit more efficient mind.

MPG on Scooby's seems quite horrific, but I still absolutely love them! Quite surprised you'd chop one in for a VR, if I didn't have my heart set on building a VRT I'd swap mine for a nice classic Scooby, it's cheaper to insure one of them than my VR.

Anyone on here tried the bg44k fuel additive at all, i tried it in my gti before i bought the vr and after using it and checking carbon buildup on pistons it made a world of difference, went from black to shiny like new and my mpg went up too. just wanted to know if anyone else had any experience of it as i was thinking of running my vr with it when i get it back tommorow.

yes the fuel is better on a vr than a scoob not alot but a bit 2-5 mpg all depends on how you drive them if i really used the scoob hard (track) i could drop it down to 6-8 mpg (sti import0 and "played with" if yours is a uk wagon then you will not really notice any diffrence but will say the golf is a much nicer place to be sat

agree with the scoobs being to common nowdays aswell

My MPG has decreased from around 33 on the motorway to 26 :( but I think its over fueling and I dont know why.

There was a black D shaped plug disconnected (to the left of the 6 branch) when I bought it (but I only noticed it the other day when cleaning the bay) and i've reconnected it and thats when the MPG seemed to go down. Any ideas on what the plug is and what is does?