Stealth RR Day - Thumbs up from me!!

Just to say i had a great day! Was well organised and it was great to meet so many friendly, like minded people.

Didnt start off too well as Vince's little helper chipped my wheel on the lift, and then i was given a list of ABS faults, but they were really good about my damaged wheel and have paid for its repair. The 190 bhp put a smile on my face too! :):):)

Ive got a load of pics here but having difficulty uploading em into the gallery, anyone help?

Hope everyone else enjoyed it, and no one got caught by the speed trap heading south!!

Guest couzens

Hi Angus, (hope that's right) yeah me and Chris had an ace time, glad to hear there fixing your wheel for u. 190 bhp is good = what have you got again mod wise? Mine got 185 standard which is cool. I did shat myself on the M40 heading home; just as I was demonstrating 100mph to Chris I went past what I thought were camera's. However, we've checked and there doesn't seem to be any recorded camera's on that Mway. So fingers crossed!

Agree thanks to Pete and Vince for organising a great day despite being late :@ :):P

[ Edited Sun Feb 22 2004, 05:13PM ]

[ Edited Sun Feb 22 2004, 05:13PM ]

[ Edited Sun Feb 22 2004, 05:26PM ]

Hey couzens, good to meet u guys. mods on mine are ram-air induction cone and cat back superprint exhaust. i'll be interested to see a list of everyones mods and their output: it didnt seem that modded engines were putting out much more than standard ones..... unless they were supercharged of course (v impressive mina!). The highlines didnt seem to have much advantage either, but i could be wrong.

Hey couzens' date=' good to meet u guys. mods on mine are ram-air induction cone and cat back superprint exhaust. i'll be interested to see a list of everyones mods and their output: it didnt seem that modded engines were putting out much more than standard ones..... unless they were supercharged of course (v impressive mina!). The highlines didnt seem to have much advantage either, but i could be wrong.[/quote']

Both mine and Mangolds Highlines gave good performance figures, with very minimal engine mods, just Ram Air and Supersprint exhausts on both.

Six Appeal : 204.9 BHP

Mangold : 201.0 BHP

Is it that old fable of the later ECU?

All in all had a great day, really enjoyed the meeting everyone and the sound of those roaring VR's all day!

Big Thanks to Pete, and all else concerned with organising a great day! :)

Guest couzens

oh and thanks to all who made me feel very welcome its hard being a girly and getting taken seriously in the car game :-)

Funny you should say that cos I said to a few peeps as we stood about that it was werid that there were no other girlie driver's. In fact I haven't ever seen any female v6 dubbers/modders before. You must therefore have better class than all of them :) but its great you felt like one of the boys !ill (you all know what I mean before I get lumped! %-6 )

[ Edited Sun Feb 22 2004, 07:16PM ]

Brilliant day - so start organising the next meeting!

Well - I knew my car wasnt running right which is why I didnt put my name on the list for the RR. But when I was there, I just got sucked in to the flow of things and stuck her on for a larf. What's £20 when I'm doing a 200 mile round trip?!!?

"Whoa" - shouted Vince as he watched the dyno gauge lurch about the place. He jumped round the back of the car and stuck the sniffer up the exhaust and then went for it again.

The advice I came away with was: "Do not rev your engine otherwise you will melt it!"

Seems there is maybe a dodgy fuel pump or something - as it was running leaner than a lean thing from leans-ville - it was practically running off raw air!

All in though, she pulled 236bhp (very surprising).

Just cant wait to get my car running right again.

I think the highlight of the day was for me getting a go in Minas' car!!! Cheers mate - was really good to meet you after all this time and have a go in the beast. Dont forget to get yourself to Maplins for a tin of Isopropyl Alcohol (Isopropanol) - and you'll have the extra ooomph to take you to +320.

Oh - and who do I owe £4 to? I got a Zinger Tower Meal from someone and never paid!!! (Was with Mina?)

Jules

don't think the old obd2 story can be true, my '94 recorded 208.2bhp & 194.3lbs, with only ramair and scorpion on! a great day all round and many thanks to pete and the stealth crew, and all the friendly folk i met during the day!

[ Edited Mon Feb 23 2004, 09:03AM ]

don't think the old obd2 story can be true' date=' my '94 recorded 210bhp & 194lbs, with only ramair and scorpion on! a great day all round and many thanks to pete and the stealth crew, and all the friendly folk i met during the day![/quote']

how many miles has your car done?

(milage should be added on the list as well as mods i think! - kinda like a database so we can see if there's any patterns)

jcorallo, didn't see your car on the rollers as I went early but you got the same advice about the car running lean from Vince.

I got 246.8 bhp and 213.6 bhp at the wheels with 224.6 lb ft & only lost 27.7 bhp through trans/wheels etc. Which I thought was bloody good.

Hi all. I'm new to this forum (and probably shouldnt be on here since I don't own a vr)

I was there today with my G40.

I went on the rollers after you'd all finished and nearly all gone home.

I managed:

127.3 bhp @ 5954 rpm

117.5 lb/ft @ 4428 rpm

Not bad for a 1.3 ;)

It's only got a mk2 8v golf Cotton induction kit, and s/s backbox

Thanks for a good day

It was a top day - first time 4me at a dynoday but well worth the freezing cold - my feet are just thawed out now! Good on Pete for arranging it all! Tommy was that you who went racing off after that Evo which was racing the Scooby?

Yep....i know i did'ent stand a chance but felt obliged to join in anyway... :P:P;)

jcorallo' date=' didn't see your car on the rollers as I went early but you got the same advice about the car running lean from Vince.

I got 246.8 bhp and 213.6 bhp at the wheels with 224.6 lb ft & only lost 27.7 bhp through trans/wheels etc. Which I thought was bloody good.[/quote']

hey - apologies I didnt get a chance to introduce myself properly today (these meets always end up with lots of dis-jointed conversations... I was the one asking how it was possible to keep the auto box in one gear whilst on the dyno - then it got too noisey to talk! !dodge )

My car has been acting up for a while now - I half suspect a mis-timed cam - but I'll be checking the fuel pressure first as thats easiest.

Your car sang a good song - sounded good. What was the list of errors you got? Post up a new topic if you want and we can try and work it out.

Jules

Hi guys (and Gals, there were at least two Girly VR6 owners there today, plus my Mrs has a half share in one ;-)

Just saying I got some pretty good piccies from the day (I was the one crawling all over with my camera and tripod.)

I'm putting them all together, and will put together a linked CD when I get the chance, plus if any of the photos you think are good enough, I can get them printed in various poster sizes too. More details to follow....