HOW PARANOID ARE YOU?

After the recent events of Shall and the usual mindless vandals who are mindset on destroying other peoples property, it set my blood boiling and I felt compelled to start off this thread.

I bought my VR because of the simple fact that I'm a car enthusiast and it doesn't have a single dent or scratch on any panel what so ever, has only covered 55,000 miles and has been cared for like a baby and I'd like to keep it that way.

Now my missis would be the first in line to say that I was a little paranoid about my car, I wont park it in a large public car park, because mindless twats don't care when they park next to you and slam the door they are opening onto yours. Thus door dent and maybe paint, and I wont leave it anywhere late at night because of the risk of (attemted) theft or vandalism.

I always ask if we can take her car and she moans (quite rightly so) saying my cars worth more than yours why should we take mine all the time? Admittedly it is an 03 Peaugeot 206 and she's had it from new. But she doesn't understand that its not as desirable to the Chav who wants a Joyride or is just a jealous twat.

I guess what I'm coming to is, how far do we go with owning a car we admire? Just yesterday in a big carpark in Leeds there was a spanking new DB9 sandwiched between a Landcruser and a tatty old Fiesta, no way in hell would I have parked it there, I guess the owner just has too much money and doesn't really care? Dunno.

I for one enjoy my VR and drive it as much as I can, I use it everyday driving to work and am very careful with it. So what lengths do you go to? or how paranoid are you? Am I alone here?

I'm not gonna change, unless peoples attitudes do.

[ Edited ]

Yeah can relate to what your saying.... always park under a light ...try to park at the end of a parking bay to save on pop dents ...never park under a tree so on so on...........i often take the gf's car if has to be left somewhere dodgy.....even though its a 53plate 206 :P

lol... you never take your car unless your out on the pimp!!! :P youve a full collection of other metal to driveabout in... makes it a right pain trying to guess if your home! lol!! especally now your taking your neighbours car to work now!!!!

lmfao.......you know me to well :P:P

i try and park it in end bay's in car parks, so i can get really close to the wall at the end to leave a huge gap to the car on the other side.

at the end of the day though, my car does have a few little dents anyway, so am probably not as paranoid as most. though i seriously fear someone keying it.

having said that, now i just take my old mkII into town instead...maybe you should get yourself a £90 car from ebay as well, makes a lot of sense. ;)

yeah i agree with justin, im paranoid about kerbing my alloys. However for some reason (i have no clue) my car just seems to accumulate scratches.

I put it down to letting other people clean ur car, by hand...

i'm booked in with chips away to get rid of a nasty one in the rear quarter....time taken to scratch - .1 sec time taken to repair? 2hours + 90 quid.

i never park unless i can take up two spaces .. the guys at work think im a paranoid twat

but hey i'm the boss so they cant say much ..

my wife gets embarased when i do that at tescos ...

the way i see it is if i am willing to walk all the way from the end of the car park just to get two spaces then if anyone don't like it they can f*** offffff...

LOL, I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering if I should bother having a nicish car as I never want to use it as worried about where I park it, or getting salt/dirt on my rims!

So is there much point, I've always abused/thrashed it, those of you who've seen/been in it with varify that! But now I'm just thinking is there much point (I always get like this when the roads are shitty!)

It never stays out late, always tucked away in the garage at night, out of sight out of some thieveing scumbags mind!

When ever i step out my car in a car park, i always tend to look around before walking off. I guess im a bit prang sometimes aswell. Thats probably why i invested in a decent alarm. I think the chirp when somegets toooo close puts me at ease sometimes. Its quiet high pitched, so it draws atttention if someones upto no good. Bein quiet honest, theres a good reason why these cars have a high insurance group rating.

I actually hate having my car sometimes, but doesnt stop me using it.. Im VERY VERY paranoid, even to the point where I've had a tracker fitted and when my alarm goes off it rings my mobile! But I live in South london which dont help, I just think its a car, i use it everyday and park it on the street, outisde shops e.t.c and been ok so far! Not exactly a car which should be left in some of the palces i leave it... :(

i wouldn't park it way at the end of a car park on its own...as it'll stand out and i reckon that makes it more likely that someone will fuck with it. same goes for parking over two spaces...it may piss someone off and they'll want revenge.

as i said before, i try and find a space at the end of a row so i can park it right over away from the only car next to it.

has to be said that the vr6 door strips (well, early ones at least) are pretty tough, so its mainly 4x4's and MPV's you have to worry about.

trust me when your flying a jamaican flag on your car people tend not to fuck with it on purpous .. u get my drif .. ;-)

LOL

No wonder no ones touched my car!

lol :D

Yo Bampson where can i get a Jamaican flag from' date='that's my birth right too!!

Oh and i replaced all my valves with flush fit caps,that should confuse the little muppets!!

Mike.

[ Edited Mon Dec 06 2004, 09:13AM ']

In answer to the paranoid question,i'm VERY VERY paranoid in fact the VR only gets used for special occasions!we have a shogun for everything else(If you were at the last RR day,that was me and my brother in the blue one!! The body work on the VR isn't perfect but i don't wan't it getting any worste and deffinately park at least a mile away from every curb,cos curbed rims just don't look good!! At the end of the day we all keep our cars in the best condition we can,but unfortunately this just makes them even more desireable to the scum,i for one won't let them win,i've allways driven somthing nice and i'm sure i allways will,just can't wait to read the thread titled"I JUST CAUGHT SOME SCUM TRYING TO KNICK MY VR!!" now that would make a good read!

Mike.