Nats VR6 Build Thread... New Paint! :) Page 14

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well i have done my oil and pollen filter change, got it mot'd, and also got the last locking wheel nut off and refitted my summer wheels!! so im getting back on track, extra long bolts have arrived so i can stick my spacers on too :) :) :)

I was shocked by my pollen filter though!! check it out!

Old & new....

1275655625_8829_FT300321_290520103573_.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Since the last few bits i have managed to fit my wheel spacers, new rear break discs and pads, fuel filter, new plugs and leads, retrimmed my roof liner, sprayed all my roof plastics and i am ready now for a certain little improvement that a few of you already know about... pics will be up after inters... :) :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Well its been a while since ive updated this, its not that i have given up. Quite the opposite but its been a long tough few months to get where i am and i didnt wanna big up what was happening until it was done, best let the car speak for itself... ill give a rough idea...

I was skint all last year so had to give up on doing any mods, then moved back with my dad n saved like mad and after selling some stuff managed to get enough to cover a respray, so i thought f**k it, and put the car in, 4 weeks was the quote and after many rows and 15 weeks i had to take the car away unfinished.

However, ive spent the last few weeks working my a**e off to get all the bits together and cleaned up and back in the car, along with a few new bits too and its finally looking like a car again! Was a last minute dash and was still rebuilding it sat morning after having thur & fri off work to complete it! :)

Took it to Volksfest this weekend and won top 5 water cooled so well chuffed. Its not perfect and still needs some work but overall im happy :)

Here's a pic the day i got it

1308574203_8829_FT300321_16122008821_.jpg

Here's how it stood last year

1308574203_8829_FT300321_050920092456_.jpg

Here it is at Volksfest

1308574203_8829_FT300321_259486_10150282146355853_751885852_9450446_5839996_o_.jpg

It has had the following done....

Exterior:

Full, window & engine out respray

Bronze Metallic Paint & Gloss black engine bay

Washer Jets deleted off bonnet

Door Handle recesses deleted

Colour coded handles

Rear wiper deleted

Boot lock deleted & Solenoid kit fitted

All badges & stickers removed

Smoothed and painted rear splitter

Lowered a bit more all round

New 16" DZ Wheels with T1R tyres

Interior

New Matt black head unit

New floor mats

Momo 300mm Team Steering wheel

Re-trimmed Headliner

Sprayed grab handles and sun visors

Highline pillar trims

Still more to come, but only suble touches. will keep this updated.

thanks guys. Ive built if for me and done what i want and not what i think people will like so i didnt want to go on and on then you lot think its pants, so thought id keep quiet and let the car do the talking. :)

It had a lot of attention at Volksfest which was very flattering. Its not very bling, other than the wheels, just subtle and the whole interior is now matt black and stealthy. :) love it :)

Now onto getting the engine bay sorted :S